Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JGL View Post
    Probably going to be cheesy but....nostalgia:

I was a little disappointed TBH. The premise is really no different than the premise of the original movie, except that now there are apparently more people in the park to get eaten.

Plus the original movie is over 20 years old and still looks better. I am sick to death of the heavy-handed use of CGI in modern action, fantasy, and sci-fi movies. CGI should be used in such a way that you consciously aren't aware it's being used - it should not be at the center stage of every scene. Maybe one day, film artists will be able to achieve convincing photorealism through animated CGI. Until then, creating whole locations, scenes, and characters with a computer breaks immersion every time.

I'm concerned that the new Star Wars movies will go the same way. The fakeness and sterility of all the CGI-generated sets and characters in the prequel trilogy was, to me, just as big a disservice to the franchise as the horrible acting and writing.
    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      I was a little disappointed TBH. The premise is really no different than the premise of the original movie, except that now there are apparently more people in the park to get eaten.
      Dude, they made a hybrid genetically modified dino that will totally be safe (like all the dinos are now unlike the first film or 3 that happened 20-ish years from when this movie is set), but then oh noooes, it isn't--run away!

I can't imagine it could be anything but a reboot (without being a true reboot) for a younger / CGI generation. I'll be curious how (if they try at all) they'll explain away the other 3 movies... and make it plausible that they have a thriving dino theme park despite how bad things went the first time.

Comment

Yeah I could see how the events from the first movie could maybe get hushed up so that the park could be opened later. But I feel like a dino theme park would be a hard sell after T-Rex destroyed half of San Diego in whatever sequel that was.
        Ben

Comment

Comment

Dear God YES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bremersm View Post
              Dear God YES!!!
              I'd be lying if I said I didn't get a little goosebumpy when the Millenium Falcon showed up.

Comment

That lightsaber looks wicked!

Comment

Only a year to go guys

Comment

This played last night when I saw Interstellar on IMAX. Was pretty great looking to me.

Comment

Only a year to go guys
                      I think J.J. did a pretty good job with Star Trek reboot, and I believe he will do ok with continuation of the Star Wars story as well (as long he keeps his lens flares in check).

Comment

Originally posted by sierra.alpha View Post
                        I think J.J. did a pretty good job with Star Trek reboot, and I believe he will do ok with continuation of the Star Wars story as well (as long he keeps his lens flares in check).
                        The second Star Trek movie wasn't that good but I have high hopes for this new Star Wars movie.

Comment

Do not have high hopes for this one but we'll see...

Comment

Do not have high hopes for this one but we'll see...

Trying to keep my expectations in check as well, but terminators + Emilia Clarke means I'm definitely buying a ticket.
                            “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
                            "The mood will pass, sir.”

Comment

Not exactly a trailer, but the new James Bond will be called "SPECTRE"

The title was revealed via the official Bond Twitter account. Spectre, of course, is the global terrorist organization that appeared in earlier Bond films like Dr. No. It is truly the greatest acronym ever created, standing for SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion.

Eon only regained the rights to use Spectre in 007 movies last year after resolving a longstanding dispute with the estate of late Bond producer Kevin McClory, who died in 2006. The Irish film-maker was legally co-credited with introducing the nefarious organisation in the 1965 film version of Thunderball, and had maintained limited rights to use it in his own 007 movies (including the unofficial Sean Connery entry Never Say Never Again in 1983.)

Dave Bautisa is supposedly going to play a henchman in the vein of Jaws and Oddjob. He was announced as playing "Mr. Hinx," which fits that model. The same rumor has Seydoux as the requisite femme fatale. Her character name is "Madeleine Swann."

Really looking forward to this. It is shaping up to be a great film and will live in the same world as "Skyfall".

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
                                Not exactly a trailer, but the new James Bond will be called "SPECTRE"
                                The title was revealed via the official Bond Twitter account. Spectre, of course, is the global terrorist organization that appeared in earlier Bond films like Dr. No. It is truly the greatest acronym ever created, standing for SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion.

Eon only regained the rights to use Spectre in 007 movies last year after resolving a longstanding dispute with the estate of late Bond producer Kevin McClory, who died in 2006. The Irish film-maker was legally co-credited with introducing the nefarious organisation in the 1965 film version of Thunderball, and had maintained limited rights to use it in his own 007 movies (including the unofficial Sean Connery entry Never Say Never Again in 1983.)
                                I remember in QoS, there was a shadow organization that MI6 didn't even know existed. I forget, was that particular story thread ever wrapped up (or was the organization even named)? If not, I'm wondering if it will all be tied together in this one.

Edit: Scratch that, just realized that the organization was called Quantum. I've seen the movie at least a few times, but the plot is still a little hazy for me when i try to recall it.

Comment

Working...
                                X