Hair product.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hair product.

What kind of product do you use, if any?
    I've been using American Crew Foaming Cream, but I don't really like it. Anyone else? I know that AC has paste, gel, cream, etc, but I don't know the differences.

I've been using Paul Mitchell and love it. Hold well and isn't extremely shiny.

Comment

I use two AC products: Fiber and Molding Clay. I use Fiber for more casual looks, since it doesn't hold as strong or have as much shine. I use the Clay for dressed up looks.

Comment

Kiehl's Creative Cream Wax
        http://www.kiehls.com/Creative-Cream...efault,pd.html

Comment

I have used the AC Forming Cream too. I just ran out and started using the Paul Mitchell (Mitch) Reformer that came with the Bespoke Post Blue Claw Dopp kit:

http://www.mitchtheman.com/products_reformer.html

It's got a similar feel to AC's Fiber. Pretty strong hold and matte finish.

Comment

Aveda Grooming Clay
            http://www.aveda.com/product/5341/16...lay/index.tmpl

I used to use American Crew- Fiber exclusively till I tried this stuff. Leaves less residue than the AC-Fiber. Nice scent too.

Comment

I use KMS molding paste. It's not as stiff as any of the clays and not as shiny as most other products.

http://www.amazon.com/California-Hai...ding+paste+kms

Comment

I was an American Crew user for years, started with Pomade, then went to Fiber, and most recently as I've added a little more length to my hair, the Forming Cream, which is like Pomade and Fiber having a baby.

Within the past year I switched over to the Paul Mitchell Reformer and I don't think I'll ever go back to AC. Kind of similar to the Forming Cream but has a stronger hold, whether you style your hair when its wet or dry. My main reason for the switch, it doesn't make my hair feel greasy or sticky like almost all AC products did.

Comment

I'm an AC Fiber man myself, at least mostly. I have kind of crazy hair that I have to really manhandle to get it to do what I want, so there are some spots that on some days require a little bit of additional help. Depending on the length and the issue, I will supplement the fiber with Murrays Beeswax Pomade, Layrite Pomade and/or Imperial Barbershop Fiber Pomade. The latter smells kinda funny, so I only use it in very small doses. All of the supplementals listed above are shinier than I would want for all-over use, but work for spot fixes.

Yes, I recognize how insane I sound.

Comment

Within the past year I switched over to the Paul Mitchell Reformer and I don't think I'll ever go back to AC. Kind of similar to the Forming Cream but has a stronger hold, whether you style your hair when its wet or dry. My main reason for the switch, it doesn't make my hair feel greasy or sticky like almost all AC products did.
                    AC Forming Cream user here as well. I like it well enough, but all this talk about the Paul Mitchell Reformer product has got me interested. Might have to give it a try. Wife doesn't care for the smell of the Forming Cream, but I think it smells fine.

Comment

Thanks everyone! @Shomas - to each his own, whatever makes you feel good about your hair is what you should use!
                      Anyway, The vibe im getting is that AC Forming Cream is the last stop for me with AC products, but I'll give this Paul Mitchell stuff a try. EDIT: ordered.
                      Last edited by Jake101; August 7, 2013, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I am cheap about hair stuff. I use Garnier Surf Hair, I think its called. It's matte and its light, which is good because I have ridiculously fine hair and most pastes/creams make it greasy and weighed down. Also, its only $4-5.

Comment

I am pretty cheap as well, and actually use Axe clay/paste (can't remember what they call it, but it's got yellow tones to the container). It was similar in performance to the AC clay, so I went this route since it is much cheaper (~$5).

Comment

This summer is the first time I have used product since the spiky days of middle school, when looking cool was just becoming relevant. So far I have only tried Murray's Pomade ($3!), and I may never try anything else. A tiny bit of this waxy product works very well, and using a small amount keeps it mostly matte. That being said, the surf-hair sounds appealing, as that is essentially the look I use.

Comment

If I want a little shine/hold, I go with the Axe "understated" with tea tree (green tones on the container). For day to day stuff, I use a little Axe dry shampoo.

Comment

Working...
                              X