2 Questions really

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Questions really

1) Joe put out the top 10 shirt types to own a while ago. Does anyone know if he has one for ties? I think that would be an interesting article. The ties everyman should own bc they go with just about everything. Granted, I know each and every person has a different style when it comes to ties, but thought it would be interesting.

2) Why did Joe stop doing the 5 favorites, especially from Dappered readers? I loved reading those and getting ideas from my fellow...uh...dapperins?

JHEyerman, A number of posters created top-ten tie lists a while back. I'm sure that you can find the thread if you dig around. It's a great resource!

To answer your second question, Joe writes his posts in response to the feedback that he gets. If you want to see a return of the 5 favorites posts, write to him and tell him! I'm sure that he'd appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Thanks bruschetta! Will do!

Comment

While this isn't a top 10 must own tie article there are some staples in here that are worth owning.

http://dappered.com/2012/05/10-ties-...r-fathers-day/

Joe and staff used to write 15+ articles a week, but that has slowed as of late. I am sure he is super busy with his paying gig and life in general. There might also be some burn out since he has been doing it for so long, but I won't speak for him.

There are a lot of fantastic #menswear blogs out there that might be worth checking out if you are looking for certain content. Best of all it will expand your style horizons.

Comment

Anyone got a link to the 10 shirt types? Sounds interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Duxnuts View Post
            Anyone got a link to the 10 shirt types? Sounds interesting.
            Here you go: http://dappered.com/2013/07/the-top-...shirts-to-own/

Comment

Ok, I'll play:

1. Solid navy grenadine
              2. Solid black grenadine
              3. Ancient madder paisley
              4. Macclesfield print
              5. B&W shepherd's check or glen plaid (quintessential wedding tie)
              6. Some sort of stripe
              7. Solid linen
              8. Solid cashmere
              9. Solid knit

Last one is a wild card. I'd add a shantung silk pin dot.

Comment

Working...
              X