No announcement yet.

No-purchase August?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm holding up...I've been using this month to save up some monies for my first pair of Clarks Desert Boots (beeswax). Totally worth it!

Comment

Good job to the lads and ladies who are still holding strong! Thankfully I'm back at school, so temptation is tempered by tuition and teaching duties. After seeing how much money I DIDN'T spend this month, I am going to try to make this a much more regular occurrence. I may actually be able to afford to travel again next summer!

rendiw143- you're going to love them, just make sure to size down or try them on in a brick-and-mortar for reference. They are wonderful shoes for those of us outside the strictly-business lifestyle.

Comment

I failed, picked up two pair of pants during the code-stacking BR sale at the beginning of last week. But in my defense, just hours before I placed my order, I returned two pair of Dockers to JCP and received store credit totaling out to more than what my BR order came to. Still sitting on the store credit.

Comment

No-purchase August has not gone well..

Comment

I wound up breaking it to buy a pair of Chubbies swim trunks. I also grabbed a new UT coaches polo today for this year of games. I could have waited until this weekend to order, but I was going to buy them regardless so I figured what the heck.

Also, given that I returned approximately $275 of stuff, I still came out in the green for the month by a good margin so I'll call it a win.

Comment

Looks like i'll make it. A big motivating factor was really trying to save money for investments and taking two small trips to Nashville and Boston. After that I pretty much had to live a hermit lifestyle and not buy anything for the rest of the month. First thing I plan to do in September is get the leg opening on my khakis tailored from boot cut to regular cut, and buy a white dress shirt with wide stripes for a wedding. Trying to recreate this look that someone posted here a while ago:

Comment

I bought like 15 ties and 8 dress shirts to fill in my mostly casual wardrobe with non casual items. To be fair, I never
                Bought in to NSAugust anyway

Comment

Well I wasn't even intending on participating, but i believe I succeeded. I did however do some labor day weekend spending though. Got a few casual pieces for fall and winter (now I just need the weather to cooperate).

Comment

Made it! I haven't shelled out anything over the weekend, either. Came back to the central valley of California after summer break, realized it is too hot to wear just about anything. Considerably helps lessen purchase desire when I can't imagine myself in it for 3 to 4 months.

Comment

Working...
                    X