No-purchase August?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No-purchase August?

So, after being wiped out by the Nordstrom sale (these Beckmans had better last me at least a decade) and then buying up the only Claiborne stretch cotton suit pieces I've seen in my size since they dropped off jcp's site, my wallet feels an extreme need for a break.

Anyone else interested? I'd like to do the traditional support thread, but include ideas on constructive ways to distract ourselves from spending.

If there is already one of these threads in the works, please point me to it!

After making a few unexpected purchases from the last stackable BR sale in June, I told myself that I was having a no spend July, August, and September. I've almost made it through July, though I did pick up a pair of the new JCP chinos last week for $5.20 due to a bunch of rewards coupons that expire at the end of the month (I figure under $10 then no foul).

Comment

I have a bespoke suit I got on Dealfind that wiped me out for the summer too plus an impending overseas trip I am saving up for. I would be in for August and September.

Comment

I'm in. There's nothing I really need for my wardrobe and I have been taking alot of small trips and have a big one coming up in October. Need to save some money.

Comment

Done and done -- I went on a bit of a spree lately, and while I am returning a few things that didn't fit (sadly, the Red Wing boots from the Nordstrom sale included), I do need to take some time off and August seems like a good time to do it.

Comment

Alright... give me strength fellow Dapperedites.
            "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I'm in....pretty sure my wife will be very happy with this

Comment

I need to get in on this.
                Ben

Comment

Originally posted by rendiw143 View Post
                  I'm in....pretty sure my wife will be very happy with this
                  I already told my wife that I would put off any more purchases until my birthday in late September, so count me in too.

Comment

Since my wedding tuxedo and other accessories were purchased out of our wedding budget, I have not purchased a wardrobe item since maybe May? A recent surgery had me paying a lot out of my pocket up to the deductible and instead of using my emergency fund I used my fun/clothing money. Now I am seeing how long I can go without spending but some work dress shirts may be upgraded soon as they are older.

Comment

I went on a bit of a spree lately updating my shoe collection so I'm in. I'm still going to be watching Ebay auctions closely to see if anything in my size turns up cheap but besides that, I should be clear for the month.

Comment

Yes I'm in for August at least. Possibly September too

Comment

I'm in for August.

Regards,
                          Vic
                          "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

It isn't August yet, but I had to pull the trigger on this awesome hat before it was too late. I've been eyeing it for a long while and it is currently 25% off (details in Recent Purchase post that's linked above), so it's like I was SAVING MONEY, amirite?

** Case in point as to why I need a no-purchase August

Comment

Haha I very much know the feeling. I ran to the Nordstrom near my house to return my Beckmans, then ordered Chippewas, in order to avoid the austere month of August.

Comment

Working...
                              X