HP Ultra Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Ultra Book

Got myself Ultra Book from HP. I know it might not be the best place to review but i read lots before going for it but couldn't find much details. I was comparing it with Samsung Ultra book.

http://h41112.www4.hp.com/promo/envy...l#.Ub_3-pxhBnQ

Now i have used it for one month wanted to give a detailed review for others to help them decide.

Pros: Sleek design
    Metal Body (Shock Proof)
    Lightest machine in my experience
    LED keyboard
    256 SSD Hard
    Never saw windows logo on start (Tooo quick)
    Running at least 7 software at one time and never hung up
    Support Max resolution
    Extra Beat Audio Woofers

Cons:
    No DVD
    No extra VGA card

Would definitely suggest for those looking for performance machines with ease of handling. No good for gaming champs.

I heart my ultrabook like a fat kid loves cake. Single piece of technology that makes my job easier. I travel locally between 12 different offices in an hr or so range and love the lightweight and smaller form factor of my Ultrabook. Runs work software quickly and easily with ease. I love having the ease of built in SD slots too..

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor View Post
      Got myself Ultra Book from HP. I know it might not be the best place to review but i read lots before going for it but couldn't find much details. I was comparing it with Samsung Ultra book.

http://h41112.www4.hp.com/promo/envy...l#.Ub_3-pxhBnQ

Now i have used it for one month wanted to give a detailed review for others to help them decide.

Pros: Sleek design
      Metal Body (Shock Proof)
      Lightest machine in my experience
      LED keyboard
      256 SSD Hard
      Never saw windows logo on start (Tooo quick)
      Running at least 7 software at one time and never hung up
      Support Max resolution
      Extra Beat Audio Woofers

Cons:
      No DVD
      No extra VGA card

Would definitely suggest for those looking for performance machines with ease of handling. No good for gaming champs.
      I looked at the Envy line for awhile but ended up grabbing myself a Macbook Pro. No regrets w/the retina screen, but I'm sure I paid a wee bit more for not a whole lot. Solid pickup sir.

Comment

I also had that pro in mind but i preferred weight and speed. Do you feel much difference in retina screen or just normal?

Comment

Huge difference in retina, actually. To the point that it is really hard to go backwards and use a screen that isn't retina-spec. My work laptop, for instance, is miserable.

Comment

I still have the computer I built in college in 2003. I think I might ask my wife for one of these for Christmas this year. I just need it for surfing the internet/documents/bills/music and ESPN3.

Hmm I might be able to get away with something cheaper

Comment

I have a MacBook Air and an old MacBook Pro. Both are nice computers, but I prefer the Air because it's more convenient to carry in my briefcase. The advantage of the Pro is that when a component breaks I can replace it myself. I've already done this with the memory, twice with the hard drive, and it needs a new DVD/CD drive. I'll likely sell the Pro at some point, but it's been a real workhorse.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekH View Post
                Huge difference in retina, actually. To the point that it is really hard to go backwards and use a screen that isn't retina-spec. My work laptop, for instance, is miserable.

Comment

Working...
                X