Posting photos from phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting photos from phone

Is it possible to have this as a forum option? I think it would be a lot easier for people to post their WIWT pics if there was this option.

What do you guys think?

Not going to happen. They aren't going to store everyone's images on their servers (not for free anyway). Have to host'em and post'em like everyone else.

Comment

Hosting images and text are way toooo different in terms of size required for server. In addition requires lots of security precautions as most of the viruses and hacking scripts contain image extensions.

Comment

Originally posted by JGL View Post
        Not going to happen. They aren't going to store everyone's images on their servers (not for free anyway). Have to host'em and post'em like everyone else.
        FWIW, StyleForum allows users to upload pics to their servers.

Comment

I've come up with a solution for posting photos from my iPhone, though it's a multi-step process. I first edit/crop the photos (you can use the photo editor of your choice), then load them into PhotoGene2 (another editor). I only do this because photogene has a wide variety of file output sizes, so that I can scale them down to message board size (i usually use 640px on the long side). I know could just edit/save in a single step in PhotoGene, but I like Snapseed better for editing. Once I save it, I use an app called 'Uploadr', which just uploads the photo to photobucket (or one of those other similar sites. I cant remember exactly) and automatically copies the photo URL to the phone clipboard. Then I just paste it into my thread post and add the 'img' tags around it.

Comment

If it weren't for the image restrictions, I'd be photo-spamming the Threads left and right. Just be glad things are the way they are. :-)

Comment

Working...
            X