what is your exercise routine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
    I hate to be the one to mention the elephant in the room, and this probably deserves its own thread, but are you guys waxing your bodies? Is it some sort of new way to lose weight?
    Just my palms.

Comment

Hello, there. I am new one here. I would like to contribute in this discussion forum to share or get information about new things. I spent 30 minutes for exercise daily to stay fit and live a healthy life, but I am lacking in diminishing my abdominal fat since a long time. May I get some tips for getting better results?
      Last edited by jennyalberd82; June 6, 2013, 05:39 AM. Reason: spelling mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by jennyalberd82 View Post
        Hello, there. I am new one here. I would like to contribute in this discussion forum to share or get information about new things. I spent 30 minutes for exercise daily to stay fit and live a healthy life, but I am lacking in diminishing my abdominal fat since a long time. May I get some tips for getting better results?
        The way your body looks is 20% exercise 80% diet. Stop eating crap.

Comment

Sprints: do 4 min warmup of 30 second 1/2 sprint speed, and 30 second break, then do 4 minutes of full intensity with the same timing, and 4 min cool down

Try doing 5 days of low carbs aim for under 70g and go as low as you can without feeling like crap) and then let yourself eat decently(don't pig out and eat excess calories) for about 36 hours. Or check out the internmittent fasting stuff I posted, it's a lot less "strict", weight lifting days, eat carbs and protein just above your maintenance calories, non workout days low carb and under maintenance calories.

Lift weights and struggle doing it, as in push yourself, so that the vein in your head sticks out. Focus on major muslces, legs, chest, back
          Last edited by shad0w4life; June 6, 2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Very simply; if you want to lose abdominal fat you need to lose weight. Eat less.

Comment

Originally posted by gilla View Post
              So basically I'm wondering what all you guys who have lost weight did to get past those plateaus or saw good success with. It's my goal to get down to 185 for labor day, which I think is doable if I get a good routine. I'm excited that I purchased a pair of size 34 pants (haven't worn a pair that size in over 10 years).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
              I was in the same boat about 18 months ago - eating relatively healthy, running my ace off at soccer a few nights a week, and I wasn't losing any weight. My 20 year HS reunion was a few months away and even though I didn't plan on going...I was at almost 230 and wanted to drop some weight. I started counting calories - again, I was getting some exercise and eating reasonably healthy stuff, so that seemed like the natural next step. I was shocked - SHOCKED - at how much I was eating. I started using LoseIt! on my iPhone and for about 3 months I tracked everything that went into my mouth. By that point I'd gotten through the hunger...and I had my portions under control. Completely retrained the way I eat. I don't eat a lot of carbs anymore, but aside from that I just don't eat as much when I sit down to eat. Again...I was SHOCKED to see how many calories I was shovelling in my mouth. It took me about 8 months to get down to 200, which was my initial target weight. Took me another 3 or so to get to 185, which is where I'm at now...I actually hover between 185-189, and I am just fine with that. I've never looked better and I've never FELT better...and I freakin' weigh less than I did for most of high school. I've kept it off, which for me is the biggest success - again, it was just retraining myself in terms of how MUCH I was eating, not so much WHAT I was eating, which really hasn't changed.

TL;DR: if you're not doing it already, track how many calories you are taking in, and adjust accordingly. I had great success with LoseIt!

Comment

Just to add in
                It depends WHAT kind of weight you want to lose, is it just get under X pounds or BF% etc. Counting calories is great for getting low #'s but you might end up looking like a smaller version of yourself.

Best method is try a 500 calorie deficit(from your body requirement, google and get a fat test done) for a month and see how that goes and tweak is as needed, sure it may not be FAST but the end result would be much more appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by gilla View Post
                  I've hit a plateau in my weight loss, I've currently spent the last 2 months at 200-205lbs. I'm wanting to switch things up a little to get below the 200 range, but can't seem to do it as I've switched routines to a run/cardio plan currently as I'm training for a 10km race 2 weeks away.

So basically I'm wondering what all you guys who have lost weight did to get past those plateaus or saw good success with. It's my goal to get down to 185 for labor day, which I think is doable if I get a good routine. I'm excited that I purchased a pair of size 34 pants (haven't worn a pair that size in over 10 years).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                  Reduce your calories and stay consistent. Sometimes when you hit a plateau you might need to take a slight break and eat MORE calories for a week and then return to dieting again.

A lot of people think weight loss is a complicated thing when really it is the simplest thing in the world.
                  Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

I suggest you speak to a nutritionist (the accredited, educated kind) about your goals. They will help you make sense of many of the differing viewpoints that are presented in this thread, and help you figure out how you can adapt your lifestyle without having to devote a huge amount of time or attention to minutiae. There is not a single route you have to choose to reach a goal weight, but the choices you make along the way will be evident at the end.

Personally, I recommend the age-old classic: moderation. Hopefully most of us were raised with the basic notion of what is healthy and what is not:
                    -Eat more vegetables, and less processed foods (eat out socially, not as a routine).
                    -Drink more water. Always drink more water (well, not ad absurdity, but you get the idea). Hydration helps you feel great, and helps your body metabolise more effectively.
                    -As for exercise, try to incorporate it throughout your day, unless you have a couple hours free to devote to a block workout.
                    I do twenty push-ups every time I leave or arrive at my desk (vary to whatever you can do! I started with ten at the beginning of the summer), pull-ups whenever I leave my bedroom at home, etc. The brief intensity keeps me from breaking a sweat, but by the end of the day I am beat! I also bike an average of ten miles a day as my commute (not much slower than driving, and really wakes you up in the morning!) I've recently started a twenty-minute yoga cycle when I wake up, it's great!

TL;DR - My main point is that a moderate amount of exercise and proper nutrition can be slipped into your lifestyle with almost no noticeable impact on your daily routine. The only thing I've noticed is that I feel great.

Also, I now have a fear that my shoulders will outgrow the two JCF Thompsons I purchased a couple months ago...

Comment

Working...
                    X