Canadian Shoppers - Freight Forwarders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Shoppers - Freight Forwarders

Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum ... just wondering if any Canadian community members use a freight forwarding or virtual mailbox service to take advantage of US pricing or products which won't ship transborder?

Really frustrating to see great shoe deals on Amazon.com and not to be able to get them. Additionally, the adoption of Canadian premium pricing models - looking especially at you with ninja stars shooting from my eyes, J Crew - really grinds my gears. The dollar remains close to par for God's sake. Sure some of Dappered's international community has the same challenges.

Anyway, does anyone use any of the aforementioned services? I don't have any American friends to call upon as they all blame me personally for Nickelback.

Although I haven't looked into these services I've always assumed the cost would negate any savings there might be?

Comment

Unless it is a large purchase, the costs indeed do negate the savings. My current method is using my inlaws us mailbox they have near the border. However, it is a 3 hour drive to it each way. I try to avoid doing it unless totally necessary.

Comment

Our family's been using a mailbox service in Point Roberts for a year now. We just have items bought from Amazon shipped there. It only takes us about 20-30 minutes to get there, so any gas/service fee/time used still makes it a WAAY better deal than anything here!

Comment

Originally posted by WhyHelloThere View Post
          Our family's been using a mailbox service in Point Roberts for a year now. We just have items bought from Amazon shipped there. It only takes us about 20-30 minutes to get there, so any gas/service fee/time used still makes it a WAAY better deal than anything here!
          Perhaps it makes sense for those in border-lying areas. I'm in Newfoundland, you can see my problem with driving/swimming to pick up a package.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittiwake30 View Post
            Perhaps it makes sense for those in border-lying areas. I'm in Newfoundland, you can see my problem with driving/swimming to pick up a package.
            Ah, Newfoundland. You have my deepest sympathies

Comment

Originally posted by Kittiwake30 View Post

Not easy, but I'd trade places with you anytime.

Comment

Working...
              X