First pair of Bonobos Travel Jeans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First pair of Bonobos Travel Jeans

Got them back from the tailor yesterday and they feel comfortable as hell. They are a little snug around the waist but should loosen up in time(or so they claim). I like how the cut skirts my rather athletic thighs with just enough material to not make it feel like they are being strangled. A not-too-wide opening at the shoe ensures that I can wear it with boots or longwings as the occasion demands.

I got a pair of the To London and To Baja but found that the former drapes a lot better around my upper legs. Returned the latter.

I really like them.

I thought you should know.

<Insert obligatory "I do not work for them" AND/OR "I am not peddling coupon codes" statement>
    Last edited by aks; January 23, 2013, 03:09 PM.

Yeah, aren't they great? I picked up a pair back when they were called "Bull Denim" and love them. Not sure if they've made any tweaks since then, though.

Comment

At $58 with a 30% off sale items code (there was one last weekend I think) these are a great deal. I haven't worn mine in a while, but I think I'll bust them out this weekend.

Comment

Just got the Travel Jeans to Barcelona yesterday. Super comfortable. Rather than take it to the tailor, however, I sized down one in the waist due to the overwhelming suggestions from their reviews. I wanted the London's so bad but they only had boot cut in my size when I saw them. Still got these for 60% off and they aren't a super bright blue hue either (kind of Royal-ish)..

Comment

I took them to the tailor to get them hemmed since my inseams are generally 29" and I have kind of developed a fascination with the half-break. Sizing down one in the waist is the way to go.

Comment

I have 4 pairs of these now. Love them to death.

Comment

I have been interested in these but wonder what they are. Are they simply colored jeans, or are they similar to chinos?

Comment

I only have one pair, but they fit great. Super comfortable and a tiny amount of stretch in the fabric. Love em.

Comment

Originally posted by bremersm View Post
                  I have been interested in these but wonder what they are. Are they simply colored jeans, or are they similar to chinos?
                  They are lighter weight denim. Very comfortable.

Comment

@bremersm -- colored jeans that are less denim-y than normal jeans, with a bit of stretch. I haven't come across another fabric like it. I'll just throw it out there to calm the tide of Bonobo-ners: I've ordered a few pair of these and had to return all... from my experience, they run substantially smaller/tighter than their washed chinos, and that just doesn't work for my waist/butt/thighs. I keep moving up a size or 2 each time to no avail, such that I'm now ranging up to a 38 next time... I want them to work, but we'll see...

Comment

Thinking these will be the next pants I buy.

Comment

Resurrecting an old thread here. I have been coveting a pair of these for quite a while now. I bought a pair over a year ago on deep discount in my normal size of 33x30, I was swimming in them. They were way too loose in the waist and through the legs, so I sent them back. Then I read all of the reviews and realized I needed to size down in the waist. Fast forward to last week: I bought a pair in 32x30. Granted, I've gained a little weight, but these things fit like skinny jeans. What to do? Will the stretch out and fit better in time? Or has Bonobos fixed/adjusted their sizing?

Comment

Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
                          Resurrecting an old thread here. I have been coveting a pair of these for quite a while now. I bought a pair over a year ago on deep discount in my normal size of 33x30, I was swimming in them. They were way too loose in the waist and through the legs, so I sent them back. Then I read all of the reviews and realized I needed to size down in the waist. Fast forward to last week: I bought a pair in 32x30. Granted, I've gained a little weight, but these things fit like skinny jeans. What to do? Will the stretch out and fit better in time? Or has Bonobos fixed/adjusted their sizing?
                          The pair I bought a year or so ago was extremely tight as well. I *know* my measurements from buying mostly selvedge denim, so they definitely came in smaller than advertised. Had to ship them back.

Keep in mind that ALL denim will stretch slightly, anywhere from a half-inch to an inch or more in some spots. If they're snug, but not grape crushers, give them a week or so to stretch out.

Comment

Has anyone bought the regular Bonobos Cone Denim jeans? I've been eyeing them up.

Comment

Working...
                            X