Your Favorite Cocktail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Favorite Cocktail

When you are out at a bar or restaurant for dinner what is your go to? Beer is not enough, the Wine selection is not up to snuff and straight liquor is just too hard.

For me it is the Dirty Martini.

What says you Thread member?

Usually whiskey + 7up/Sprite. Not really fancy.

Comment

Whiskey Sour!

Comment

Simple. Gin and tonic.

Comment

i love a sazerac done right. unfortunately i dont trust most places to do it right. manhattans are the toughest for bars to screw up. im pretty picky how i like my old fashioneds and whiskey smash too. hard to beat a good whiskey smash in the summertime.
          My cocktail videos >

Comment

I had a pretty terrible Manhattan at a bar the other night, though.

Comment

Originally posted by tdig View Post
              hard to beat a good whiskey smash in the summertime.
              Glad to see I'm not the only whiskey smash lover here.

If I couldn't go with straight liquor, I'd probably go with a Manhattan; hard to screw that up.

Comment

7 and 7 (Usually Segrams 7 with 7-Up). Hard to mess up as well. Still interested in trying some others though. The whiskey smash sounds interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by bremersm View Post
                  Beer is not enough
                  Blasphemy. Beer is always enough.
                  Ben

Comment

Vodka and soda with a lime. Kettle One or Grey Goose are my usual go to vodkas.

Comment

If I'm picking liquor it's either 7&7 or a simple rum & coke, but I can't remember the last time I paid for a mixed drink. It's probably been years. I stick to beer (or for special occassions, wine).

Comment

When on a date night, or at nice restaurant and not feeling wine, I order a vodka martini, dirty, on the rocks, with extra olives. I had dinner years ago with a few gentlemen and saw one order it. Tried it, and love it.

At home and with friends, Bourbon is my go to.

Comment

At a bar or restaurant, I often go with a specialty cocktail if they have one and it sounds decent (whiskey-based in the colder months, gin-based in the warmer months). Otherwise, I'll usually go for some kind of whiskey on the rocks or with soda. It's quick to make, which bartenders appreciate. I also on occassion go for a dry gin martini. I don't drink vodka. I even get my bloody marys with gin.

I will also often get a beer, if they have something decent on tap. That is, unfortunately, often not the case.

At home, however, I like to get creative.

Comment

Old Fashioned, usually with Rye, because I make Manhattans more at home.

Comment

I'll go for a good bourbon while my wife gets a dirty vodka martini...a very dapper pair.

Comment

Working...
                              X