No announcement yet.

Official Scotch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYCToon, did you get it from Warehouse? I don't know how they do it but Warehouse often has the Distiller's Editions at the same price as the regular releases. Bway around Astor: http://www.warehousewinesandspirits.com/
    I've gotten some really amazing deals there. Lagavulin Distiller's Ed for $60, Talisker 25 for $89, etc.

I don't really find Oban peaty, but rather it sort of has a salty twang to it. Good stuff regardless.

Comment

Talisker 25 at $89!!!?!? Stfu.
      My cocktail videos >

Comment

Originally posted by tdig View Post
        Talisker 25 at $89!!!?!? Stfu.
        Yep, it's the 2005 57.2% version. I even asked the guy in the whisky section about it and he said they bought up all the remaining cases so they got a great deal. I still have half a bottle of it, amazing stuff!

Comment

I've never really had the chance to drink Scotch before... I went to a polo match outside DC recently and our host had a well stocked bar. I got to sample Lagavulin 16 and a Talisker 18 for the first time. Good times

Comment

My wife and daughters bought me a bottle of LAPHROAIG 10 year single malt for Father's Day. I had the pleasure of trying this at a Christmas Party late last year and it has been on my wish list ever since. I am looking forward to enjoying this again.

Comment

Just picked up a few; Auchentoshan 12 , glenorangie 10, and Talisker 10.

Man does Talisker neat kick my tongues arse. Still trying to pick our different flavours is hard, Talkisker I would say "peat, with more peat and more peat, but less than Laphroig(I'm not touching that for a long time)"

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
                Just picked up a few; Auchentoshan 12 , glenorangie 10, and Talisker 10.

Man does Talisker neat kick my tongues arse. Still trying to pick our different flavours is hard, Talkisker I would say "peat, with more peat and more peat, but less than Laphroig(I'm not touching that for a long time)"
                You are missing out.

Comment

Was at a friend's wedding this weekend. They had scotch at the bar. It was Dewars; probably the cheapest blend they offer. NEVER AGAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by bremersm View Post
                    My wife and daughters bought me a bottle of LAPHROAIG 10 year single malt for Father's Day. I had the pleasure of trying this at a Christmas Party late last year and it has been on my wish list ever since. I am looking forward to enjoying this again.
                    If you liked the 10 you have to try Laphroaig Quarter Cask. It's usually only about $10 more than the 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                      If you liked the 10 you have to try Laphroaig Quarter Cask. It's usually only about $10 more than the 10.
                      Oh it is on the list for my next run to the liquor store.

Comment

Went to town with Oban 14, Ardbeg 10 and some bourbon + beer last night.

I have no idea how I've showed up to work today!

Comment

My mom got me a bottle of Macallan 12yo for Christmas. Never tried it before hope it lives to the hype.

Comment

Picked up a bottle of Ardmore Traditional Cask at the duty free shop and was pleasantly surprised. Have been on a bit of a Islay kick lately, but this peated Highland single malt has been fantastic. Definitely worth a look if you like that peaty flavor but want to experiment a bit.

Comment

I was out at a company dinner last night and had a glass of Laphroig Quarter Cask. I must now buy a bottle of that. Good stuff.

Comment

Johnnie Walker Green Label is on close-out for $40 in PA liquor stores. Worth a shot at that price? I'm a bourbon guy and know literally nothing about scotch.

Comment

Working...
                                X