Gift ideas for women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gift ideas for women

I'm surprised that a quick search yielded no recent results. What are you guys planning to buy this holiday season for the various women in your lives?

Thanks in advance. I have high hopes for this discussion.

I started brainstorming in August, and started the gift hunt in October. Gift shopping for the wife is almost finished. My mother? I remember when I was five my mother took me to a department store and she requested White Shoulders perfume. Where she lives it isn't available anymore so she hasn't had any in years. I was at Walgreens this past weekend and saw that they had it so I snapped up the largest bottle they had. My Dad couldn't believe I remembered it much less found a bottle (not that it's rare but rather it's hard to get back home). My Grandmothers? They're aging and live more in the past than the present. They spend hours looking at old photographs. Considering I have a lot of experience with photo restoration I'm restoring the damaged ones as a surprise.

Are these gifts overly sentimental? Maybe. But it's okay to tug at the heart strings. Even for gifts for other guys if you do it right. We don't like to show them or share them, but we all have feelings and it's good to show someone we truly care for them.

See my other post on a similar subject/topic. While I'm not the best at gift giving, when I keep certain guidelines in mind I usually have pretty good success rates. But maybe it's all been luck. I dunno. I just try to think like the other person and what I would appreciate if I were that person.

Comment

double post

Comment

Originally posted by enderwiggen View Post
        While I'm not the best at gift giving, when I keep certain guidelines in mind I usually have pretty good success rates. But maybe it's all been luck. I dunno. I just try to think like the other person and what I would appreciate if I were that person.
        I agree with this statement completely. I try to think about conversations i have had with these people during the yr and attempt to remember a moment when they saw something or said something to the effect of wow thats really nice and if its affordable best beleive i got it for you. It feels good to give someone something they truly will enjoy because it not only shows your nice but it also proves you listen to them and I have learned that to be one of the biggest advantages you can have on everyone else.

On that note, I bought my wife a push present, a second wedding band to be exact for giving birth to our daughter. She spoke about this specific ring 1x in March and i kept a mental note, which i recalled a couple of weeks back.
        "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
        I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
          On that note, I bought my wife a push present, a second wedding band to be exact for giving birth to our daughter. She spoke about this specific ring 1x in March and i kept a mental note, which i recalled a couple of weeks back.
          I do the same thing. I take mental notes of things she shows an interest in. I have the WORST memory in the world so it's a miracle that I can be so good at remembering this one kind of thing. She always creates wishlists, but I never end up using them because I'm almost always done shopping before she gives me the list... And she often receives stuff she didn't even remember to put on the list.

Case in point, she's been wanting a tool to color calibrate the monitors in the house for her photography work, but she forgot to add it to the list... Good thing SOMEBODY remembered it.

That being said, I may have stepped a bit far out onto the ledge this year so we'll see if she likes everything else she gets.

Comment

I started a tradition with the wifey back when we were dating 8 years ago, and every christmas I get her a naughty gift and a nice gift. Its a little cheesy but we get to have fun with it. One is usually wrapped in nice holiday wrapping with a bow, and the other ones always like black with faux leather wrapping and stuff. For the nice gift, I do the same as Alan and Max. She usually finds a few things she likes but isnt willing to spend the money on throughout the year, and I make a mental checklist. Shes always amazed I remember them, as am I, because like Alan, my memory sucks (I have post it notes posted all around my computer reminding me of everything I have to do haha).

The naughty gift, well thats all up to my imagination :P

Comment

I bought mine a new set of motorcycle gear... Jacket, helmet and gloves. Still have to get the pants (although she already has a couple), and I'll let her pick her own boots. And yeah - this is the first thing on her list.

Comment

Originally posted by Focuspants View Post
                christmas I get her a naughty gift and a nice gift
                I thoroughly enjoy this idea.
                "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

This Christmas, I'm going to give my girlfriend a gift that caters to her hobbies. She loves photography but is currently taking photographs with a seven year-old HP 6MP camera. She's a great photographer so a DSLR camera to take her hobby to another level is in order.

Comment

Working...
                  X