Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banned from posting in Dappered comments?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Banned from posting in Dappered comments?

    I tried to post in the Small Business Saturday thread and got this:

    "You do not have permission to post on this thread"

    Maybe Joe felt my comment in his Black Friday post threatened his click-thru commissions and decided to ban me in retaliation.

    That's lame.

    #2
    Originally posted by LKM3 View Post
    I tried to post in the Small Business Saturday thread and got this:

    "You do not have permission to post on this thread"
    LKM3, The "Small Business Saturday" thread is part of the Dappered Threads forum. It has no relation to the comments on Dappered.com. The comments on Dappered.com are powered by Disqus, a third-party multi-website comment system. You can learn more about Disqus at https://disqus.com

    Originally posted by LKM3 View Post
    Maybe Joe felt my comment in his Black Friday post threatened his click-thru commissions and decided to ban me in retaliation.

    That's lame.
    Your paranoia does you no favours. Joe has nothing to do with whether or not you can post in that thread. Additionally, Joe lets negative comments on Dappered.com stay, unless they're offensive, explicit, etc. Your post in this thread is petty and insulting.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
      LKM3, The "Small Business Saturday" thread is part of the Dappered Threads forum. It has no relation to the comments on Dappered.com. The comments on Dappered.com are powered by Disqus, a third-party multi-website comment system. You can learn more about Disqus at https://disqus.com


      Your paranoia does you no favours. Joe has nothing to do with whether or not you can post in that thread. Additionally, Joe lets negative comments on Dappered.com stay, unless they're offensive, explicit, etc. Your post in this thread is petty and insulting.

      Well, I don't know if I'd entirely attribute it to paranoia. I was banned from posting on the threads sometime around last Thanksgiving. I posted some negative comments about a recommended heart shaped charm. My comment was full of snark, no doubt: I said something to the effect that you'd look like a tool giving a woman something so cheesy. But I went on to offer what I thought was good advice about finding great deals on vintage jewelry at estate jewelers. I didn't think my comment was offensive. Colorful and snarky, definitely, but not offensive. But apparently there is a somewhat low threshold, because a ban resulted.

      Prof

      Comment


        #4
        Correction: banned on dappered.com comments, not these threads over here.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
          LKM3, The "Small Business Saturday" thread is part of the Dappered Threads forum. It has no relation to the comments on Dappered.com. The comments on Dappered.com are powered by Disqus, a third-party multi-website comment system. You can learn more about Disqus at https://disqus.com


          Your paranoia does you no favours. Joe has nothing to do with whether or not you can post in that thread. Additionally, Joe lets negative comments on Dappered.com stay, unless they're offensive, explicit, etc. Your post in this thread is petty and insulting.
          I was referring to posting here:

          http://dappered.com/2012/11/small-bu...ou-supporting/

          Obviously I can still post in threads since I started this one...

          Comment


            #6
            I try to live by "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

            Maybe you two should give it a shot?

            Comment


              #7
              you repeatedly called a guy an ass. not sure what leg you have to stand on.

              Comment


                #8
                I think that was someone else. And boy was he pleasant. Either way, I can't see this thread going anywhere too great. Sucks that you are banned. I'm sure it's temporary.

                I would encourage you to send Joe a respectful e-mail. He's a good, level-headed dude and simply has a low threshold for douche-baggery tolerance (just to make it clear, I have not read anybody's comments that resulted in a ban, so I am not saying they fall under "douche-baggery").
                "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by mr. mr. View Post
                  you repeatedly called a guy an ass. not sure what leg you have to stand on.
                  No clue what you're talking about... I said that Black Friday is generally a scam where retailers use the hype to take advantage of idiot consumers.

                  Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                  I think that was someone else. And boy was he pleasant. Either way, I can't see this thread going anywhere too great. Sucks that you are banned. I'm sure it's temporary.

                  I would encourage you to send Joe a respectful e-mail. He's a good, level-headed dude and simply has a low threshold for douche-baggery tolerance (just to make it clear, I have not read anybody's comments that resulted in a ban, so I am not saying they fall under "douche-baggery").
                  I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm not going to write an email and beg for my posting privileges to be reinstated. Just on principle.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by LKM3 View Post
                    I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm not going to write an email and beg for my posting privileges to be reinstated. Just on principle.
                    I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and figured that maybe this thread was made for getting solutions or something. I now fail to see the point of it. If you're not going to be proactive what's the point of posting a thread here?
                    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

                    Comment


                      #11
                      LKM3, thank you for clarifying. I now understand that you were referring to the post on Dappered.com and not the thread (with the same title) in these forums. I still find your demeanor to be insulting. Perhaps you should consider the tone of your comments before you post them. You may think that they're perfectly innocent, but they come across as graceless and ill-mannered.

                      Writing Joe would not be a case of "begging for your posting privileges to be reinstated. Just on principle." It would be a conversation between two adults to clear the air. An important aspect of becoming a mature adult is to learn when to reach out to others with an olive branch when they find your behavior insulting. Doing so is a sign of both self-respect and class.

                      I am going to close this thread as I feel that it has run its course.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X