Gifts for the Uninitiated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gifts for the Uninitiated.

So we're all stylish gents, but some of our friends aren't. I'm trying to come up with gifts for some of my friends; something to tip them a little over to our side in the 'stop wearing huge jeans with sneakers all the time' department. So I'm aiming for 20-30 bucks as far as ideas go.

Any thoughts or ideas? Maybe accompanied with some links?

Regardless, I'm hooking up a few with copies of 'Cooking With Coolio': http://tinyurl.com/cq5bzhk

Wurkin Stiffs.

Comment

get then irons lol...theres a coolio cookbook, smh. seems good thoguh based on reviews.
      "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
      I>0<I

Comment

That's a tall order. It's ahrd to change a person's image with a single gift. Perhaps a subscription to GQ?

Comment

Not to convert someone, just to give them a small nudge. Like how when you get heroin the first hit is free, but they get you later on. I mean, so I've been told by Law & Order...

The 'Archer Air Spray' on the site is what got me to think of this idea. Wondering if we could kick around ideas similar to that.

And MaxMan - don't tell me you don't think that Coolio Cookbook wouldn't be one of the most funny gifts ever.

Comment

A nice, staple-colour or pattern tie is always an appropriate gift. You can always include a humorous message along the lines of, "Your wife thinks that you should get off the couch and find a proper job."

Comment

If he's a dad, he probably gets a tie every year for Father's Day. If he's not wearing them, it's by choice, and he's less likely to wear one from you, either. If he's just a single dude, go for it.

Comment

Wurkin' Stuffs are a great idea. I recently bought a couple of canvas suit bags for my brother-in-law. My sister is trying to nudge him to dress more professionally now that he is in the private sector after 7 years in Air Force Intelligence.

Perhaps a clothing guide. I haven't bought it but I heard good things about the Effortless Gents clothing guide
                http://www.effortlessgent.com/graduatingyourstyle/

Comment

I got my brother a pair of AE's from the black Friday sale. Might br a little late for that now, though.

Comment

A well-fitted casual shirt or sweater is always a nice gift for someone whose style is a little slouchy. Some clothing or accessory gifts can be "too nice" for guys to wear if they're not accustomed to dressing well anyway - blazers, ties, dress shoes, etc. Buy them something that's too far out of their existing style and comfort zone, and you might as well clear them out a spot in the very back of their closet to permanently store your gift. Buying something similar to what a person already wears, but in a more modern style and flattering cut, is a good way to encourage them to wear nicer things without being too pushy or preachy.

If your friend/relative has expressed some interest in improving his style, you might offer to give him a bit of pre-holiday shopping assistance and help him pick out a gift from you to him that you both like.
                    Ben

Comment

Working...
                    X