Prius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prius

Would you beleive I bought a Prius 12 to replace my 08 Accord. LOL i did, trying to be fiscally responsible. I actually really like the car, its AMAXZING on gas and looks sportier than the older ones. Any other Prius enthusiasts? Hit the 1,000 mile mark this week, and ive gotten gas twice since purchase.

Last edited by MaxMan; November 14, 2012, 10:50 AM.
    "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Not a prius guy but a few years back I got a civic hybrid to replace my F250... Car payment is covered just by what I save in gas. I like it.
    Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

Originally posted by tomservo View Post
      Not a prius guy but a few years back I got a civic hybrid to replace my F250... Car payment is covered just by what I save in gas. I like it.
      nice way to help out your carbon footprint, not that i actually care too much about it, but hell if it will save me a few hundred a month, then i am ALL for it...and from a F250 to a civic hybrid, i could image the transition. It was tough at first with me goin from a full size sedan to this baby...But i can beleive your savings are astronomical
      I>0<I

Comment

My wife wouldn't survive without an SUV, but we got her out of her clunky old '96 Jeep with it's big inline 6 and into a 2011 Kia Sorento with a 4 cylinder engine. The gas savings aren't monumental, but they're noticeable. Since we put so much down, the gas savings are nearly covering the car payment.

Comment

Sure you might help on the carbon footprint, but the disposal of the batteries in Hyrbrids may be a new environmental issue along with the manufacturing of them. Good thing you don't care about it and more so the gas, that's a legit reason to own a hybrid and a Kudos to you for NOT being the hybrid snobs that south park did such a great job of making fun of

I'm considering a dodge dart for a daily just for the 50+ mpg!

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
            Sure you might help on the carbon footprint, but the disposal of the batteries in Hyrbrids may be a new environmental issue along with the manufacturing of them. Good thing you don't care about it and more so the gas, that's a legit reason to own a hybrid and a Kudos to you for NOT being the hybrid snobs that south park did such a great job of making fun of

Jeez shadow thanks for making me feel bad about the environment in the future lol, JK, but def didnt know about all that battery pack stuff but i see your point. And what exactly is a hybrid snob? I laughed when i read that comment, i would like to know so i avoid that connotation (typo).
            I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
              My wife wouldn't survive without an SUV, but we got her out of her clunky old '96 Jeep with it's big inline 6 and into a 2011 Kia Sorento with a 4 cylinder engine. The gas savings aren't monumental, but they're noticeable. Since we put so much down, the gas savings are nearly covering the car payment.
              nice...same deal here with mine, she swears by that Rav4 parked next to the Prius. Its amazing on gas and large enough that i can go to Home Depot and not need a rental truck.
              I>0<I

Comment

Good luck getting that real world.

To be honest I could give two ***** about the enviroment, but the C-Max is looking like it could be our next car if we decide to have a third child. I love smaller cars, not for the fuel shaving, but because they are more fun to drive.

Comment

hah the over the top example would be(they poke fun of San Fran too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FAI_-woNh4

@ bremer

yeah I know, same thing with the early honda hybrids, claiming 50+ mpg and getting like 30, but the fuel economy website has the Aero @ 40 which is pretty good for a gas engine.
                  Last edited by shad0w4life; November 14, 2012, 12:03 PM.

Comment

LOL - wives and their big SUVs.... we have a Jeep Compass and a VW bug - but being in Chicago, I ride the L every day so we only need one vehicle.
                    She drives to work daily, but with the snow we get 4WD and some elevation off the ground really helps. But we want a hybrid....
                    I wish there was a hybrid Wrangler unlimited... that is my favorite set of wheels. I hear a Jeep Cherokee hybrid may be slated for 2014. Thatwould be ideal!

Comment

Relevant:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4QgWRycd7I

Comment

hah the over the top example would be(they poke fun of San Fran too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FAI_-woNh4

@ bremer

yeah I know, same thing with the early honda hybrids, claiming 50+ mpg and getting like 30, but the fuel economy website has the Aero @ 40 which is pretty good for a gas engine.
                        Lmao, now those are snobs.

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                        Canyanero!!!! I remember that episode. Lol
                        I>0<I

Comment

Working...
                        X