Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dappered pushing Huckberry super hard as of late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dappered pushing Huckberry super hard as of late?

Dappered has always been super transparent with its sponsorship and advertisers which I very very much appreciate. That being said I've noticed over the past year that in almost every article at least 1 and usually more items are recommended from Huckberry. Its hard to put a finger on but it feels very inorganic and overrepresented. The latest article on the Dappered Space gives a good example where they even mention the quality of Huckberry merchandise. Is there a marketing agreement in place, or just a natural infatuation with the site?

Fair question to ask. But I could see it being a natural infatuation with the site as well. Their model really fits the Dappered site mantra of investing in quality pieces that last. That being said, I don't buy a lot of it, just because it tends to be friggin expensive (see I'm not a Huckbot)! Based on past history, as you've mentioned, I'd be surprised if there was some sort of covert marketing arrangement.

Comment

Originally posted by CK83 View Post
      Fair question to ask. But I could see it being a natural infatuation with the site as well. Their model really fits the Dappered site mantra of investing in quality pieces that last. That being said, I don't buy a lot of it, just because it tends to be friggin expensive (see I'm not a Huckbot)! Based on past history, as you've mentioned, I'd be surprised if there was some sort of covert marketing arrangement.
      I don't consider myself a "Huckbot" though others may disagree. Most of what I buy from them I get from the sale section and I've gotten some of my favorite casual clothing and outerwear from various Huckberry brands. They're at the upper end of affordable style but their stuff is pretty nice - it's also not all "Huckberry" in the way everything Banana Republic sells is Banana Republic. They're more an online storefront for a bunch of curated brands only a couple of which are actually owned by Huckberry. I get the love for them on the front page - they're a bit of a splurge but still attainable and a lot of the stuff Huckberry sells has a rugged casual style that's appealing. If we're talking who get mentioned all the time they're a distant also ran compared to Banana Republic, J Crew, Allen Edmonds and maybe even Nordys and Brooks Brothers.

I don't think the front page is in bed with them financially but maybe they do generate some revenue for the site. I don't think they get mentioned too often either way though. My only gripe with the front page vis a vis Huckberry is that they always default to the same few brands - Proof, Flint and Tinder, and Astorflex. Huckberry curates a bunch of other brands some of which are actually more affordable than the aforementioned but they never get any play on the front page. Not sure why that is.
      “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X