In Appreciation of the Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Appreciation of the Good

I've never posted on the threads before, but I had to after reading Joe's recent article "Stop trying for Great. Get good at being Good". I've been spending too much time on Reddit seeing people complaining about everything there is to complain about simply because it wasn't perfect (or at least up to their ridiculous standards). Joe's article was unbelievably refreshing to read and made me rethink how much credit I give to raging internet perfectionists. Not only that, but I realized that I don't appreciate the things in my life that are simply good. I had to do something to show my appreciation for Joe's message, so I thought I would take to the threads and see what you guys thought.

Seconded. I appreciated the post, especially as I start in on the ol' New Year's resolutions. See also his On Shoe Snobs. Thanks, Joe.

Comment

Agreed. It's easy to dismiss this argument by saying it's "aiming low," but it's actually about being realistic about what you want and knowing what will make you happy.

Comment

Working...
      X