Official Bourbon/Rye Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdig View Post
    good looking out mike. cant keep count any more. i do have a binder at home where i keep notes but honestly cant remember at this point when/where i might have tried the mckenzie. i do know the parkers cognac is one of the only finished bourbons that ive truly loved.
    I've recently crossed into the realm of über dorky and now have a spreadsheet for my beers. This is mostly to organize what I have on hand, but a nice way to keep track of my thoughts on consumed ones as well. Can organize it, reorder it in different ways, etc.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
      I've recently crossed into the realm of über dorky and now have a spreadsheet for my beers. This is mostly to organize what I have on hand, but a nice way to keep track of my thoughts on consumed ones as well. Can organize it, reorder it in different ways, etc.
      I work in spreadsheets all day and have thought about doing something similar but I just love the feel of an old leather binder when im taking whisk(e)y notes.
      My cocktail videos >

Comment

@tdig, if you don't mind me asking ... what do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by nftmlk View Post
          @tdig, if you don't mind me asking ... what do you do?
          IT Audit
          My cocktail videos >

Comment

haha nice! I work at one of the big 4... thinking about making the switch into industry though

Comment

Yes, I do a lot of things for the sake of nostalgia, really (like adamantly refusing to jump on board with Kindles and their ilk). I get it. I just like to be able to search things. Makes life so easy!

Comment

Originally posted by nftmlk View Post
                haha nice! I work at one of the big 4... thinking about making the switch into industry though
                I was with a big 4 for about 4 years. Been with a regional now for another 4. Do more Consulting work now.
                My cocktail videos >

Comment

Originally posted by tdig View Post
                  I was with a big 4 for about 4 years. Been with a regional now for another 4. Do more Consulting work now.
                  How's life at a regional firm? Better hours/pay?

Comment

Decided to plug my inventory into excel at least. This is off the top of my head so Im thinking I might be missing at least 1-2. This is just American whiskeys. (nftmlk - took the work talk to pm)

edit - updated 7/16*

Last edited by tdig; July 16, 2013, 03:23 PM.
                    My cocktail videos >

Comment

Respect for the 3 bottles of Rendezvous Rye...

And the 4 bottles of Elijah Craig...

The only thing I usually keep multiple bottles of on hand is the Rittenhouse, since I use it for cocktails and burn through it quickly.

Comment

Buffalo Trace with Hella Bitters tonight

Comment

Lost one of the Bourbon greats today. RIP Elmer T Lee. Will pour a glass in his honor tonight.
                          My cocktail videos >

Comment

Oh, Elmer. That's really sad.

Comment

Wasn't planning on it but picked up a bottle of Rittenhouse 25 year today that was sitting behind the counter when I picked up Greg's beer. Pretty excited about it.
                              My cocktail videos >

Comment

Ah.. did you have multiple bottles of booze for that price tag you mentioned to me or just this one? :P

That sounds incredibly delicious.

Comment

Working...
                                X