Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeAD91
    replied
    I've had the Hudson rye and bourbon so far, and enjoyed them both.

The price is fairly high... Unfortunately, I think most of the craft distillers are at such a disadvantage due to the high cost to get started, the prices will be higher than anything comparable from a large distiller. So, if I like the whiskey, I try to support them.

On the other hand, a $40 bottle of Hudson is a bargain compared to the Midleton I was drinking at a bar last night...

Leave a comment:

• tdig
    replied
    Originally posted by Shomas View Post
    I haven't had the rye, but their bourbon is tasty. I don't know that it's worth the price (I just ordered a glass at a local bar), but it's quite delicious.
    Never been much of a fan of the Hudson stuff myself. I can taste its youth and the price is simply too much for what it is.

Leave a comment:

• Chadanth
    replied
    Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
    How is it?
    It's very good. Maybe a bit overpriced, but I'm a huge rye fan, so worth it occasionally.

Leave a comment:

• Shomas
    replied
    Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    Yeah Fred, what's your take? I've thought about picking up a bottle recently, but it's a touch pricey for my present palette... Err, *wallet*.
    I haven't had the rye, but their bourbon is tasty. I don't know that it's worth the price (I just ordered a glass at a local bar), but it's quite delicious.

Leave a comment:

• yoyorobbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    Hudson Rye tonight
    Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
    How is it?
    Yeah Fred, what's your take? I've thought about picking up a bottle recently, but it's a touch pricey for my present palette... Err, *wallet*.

Leave a comment:

• bjmcgeever
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    Hudson Rye tonight
    How is it?

Leave a comment:

• Jamie
    replied
    Blanton's Single Barrel with an H.Upman Vintage Cameroon.

Leave a comment:

• Fred G. Unn
    replied
    Hudson Rye tonight

Leave a comment:

• Shomas
    replied
    I've tried something similar and I was not a fan. I can't remember the name of it right now, but Ill check when I get home - there is, uncharacteristically, some left.
    It's Old Tom Ransom. "Barrel aged for 3-6 months" and kinda gnarly. I'm sure there's an application for which it would be just the thing, but as a general matter I'm not a fan. It's got a malty, almost vermouth-ish aspect to it that's hard to deal with.

Leave a comment:

• Shomas
    replied
    Originally posted by tdig View Post
    Yea I was referring to the Reposado. It's really really intriguing but not willing to shell out for a full bottle. Ive heard nothing but good things though.
    I've tried something similar and I was not a fan. I can't remember the name of it right now, but Ill check when I get home - there is, uncharacteristically, some left.

Leave a comment:

• tdig
    replied
    I've tried the Dry Rye Gin, which is very good, although I prefer their Botanivore. I have not tried the Dry Rye Reposado, which is intriguing, but I think could also be one of those terrifying hybrids that winds up giving you the bad from everything and the good from nothing.
    Yea I was referring to the Reposado. It's really really intriguing but not willing to shell out for a full bottle. Ive heard nothing but good things though.

Leave a comment:

• Shomas
    replied
    The B&E bourbon is sourced and bottled by St.George. It's decent but not on par with their gins and absinthe. Speaking of I have been really wanting to get my hands on their new Rye Gin!
    I've tried the Dry Rye Gin, which is very good, although I prefer their Botanivore. I have not tried the Dry Rye Reposado, which is intriguing, but I think could also be one of those terrifying hybrids that winds up giving you the bad from everything and the good from nothing.

Leave a comment:

• tdig
    replied
    I haven't tried it, but it wouldn't surprise me to hear that the St. George guys put out a tasty bourbon. Their gins and their absinthe are great, which shows that they have great taste. I'd trust them to blend up a decent tasting whisky. I'd like to try it.
    The B&E bourbon is sourced and bottled by St.George. It's decent but not on par with their gins and absinthe. Speaking of I have been really wanting to get my hands on their new Rye Gin!

Leave a comment:

• tdig
    replied
    What's with letting it sit? Does it actually take that long for the flavors to marry or are you putting it in a vessel that imparts flavor?
    It actually takes that long. Ive tried it right away and while its still good its noticeably better after two weeks. Found that to be the sweet spot after several experimentations.

Leave a comment:

• Shomas
    replied
    I love WL Weller 12. I do a blend of Weller 12 and Weller Antique 107 (40/60) that is fantastic if you let it sit for 2 or so weeks.
    What's with letting it sit? Does it actually take that long for the flavors to marry or are you putting it in a vessel that imparts flavor?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X