Wet/Dry Electric Shavers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet/Dry Electric Shavers

Good morning! I am looking for recommendations for wet/dry electric shavers. If you use one what do you like/dislike about it? What are your recommendations?

I do have a nice safety razor I use, but the time commitment doesn't always work for me, so I'm looking for something that I can do for a quick shave.

Thanks in advance!

I have a half decade old Braun that I've been using for, well, I guess about a half decade now. I think the rechargeable battery is starting to crap out so I will be in the market for a new one when the pandemic ends. It's not wet/dry but it's sealed so the shaving foil and screen can be washed daily with liquid soap + water. For my face it works much better than the Norelco I had before it. That said everyone's skin is different. My next one will probably be a Braun just because this one worked out well.

In the interim during the pandemic I'm using Harry's cartridges, because I'm only shaving about once a week. I switched to electric because I couldn't find a way to wet shave daily that didn't irritate my skin - tried safety razors, Gillette, Harry's...they're OK if I shave every 2nd or 3rd day but every day and my skin - especially on my neck - starts to complain. The Braun is comfortable for every day use, which I wanted to shave every day when I was going into the office most days, but I'm OK looking a little scruffy working from home.
    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Philips Norelco One Touch but I have one complaint.

The combs it comes with are super cheap plastic and my #1 broke and there are no replacements outside of buying a whole new trimmer, or getting gouged online because people know this and they are marked upa bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by historian View Post
        Good morning! I am looking for recommendations for wet/dry electric shavers. If you use one what do you like/dislike about it? What are your recommendations?

I do have a nice safety razor I use, but the time commitment doesn't always work for me, so I'm looking for something that I can do for a quick shave.

Thanks in advance!
        I've been in a similar situation as you, so here are my two cents.
        I use DE and an electric shaver depending on my mood/how much time I have available. For me Braun series 7 (790cc, it's wet-dry, here's a Consumer report review - if you're a member - got mine here) works the best when time is a factor. Battery still lasts for two weeks after almost two years of usage. Performance is good. Of course, I can suffer from really bad razor burn on my neck but at present it seems to be kept at bay. I have used Philips before - the one CavemanLawyer mentioned as well - for a while and even though it's a good brand, I must admit they just don't do the job for me. Overall, I liked the product and I tried Philips first because their motors are great. But I got occasional red rash and bumps unfortunately even with preps like a few drops of oil.

No such thing with Braun.

I heard that most gents recommend to stick with flagship models, but really, I can't tell there will be a big difference if your skin is treated well.
        My piece of advice - don't spend lots of money on a high end model. The truth is that you might try several options before finding the one. In the end it all depends on your technique and preferences, and what works for me or the others might not work for you. Take your time and good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X