No announcement yet.

What I ate and Weight Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I put on a ton--back up to 204.4 this morning. I ate about 1,500 out of my 1,880 budget yesterday. But the holidays are over--back on track!
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by StanHansen View Post
      204.3 today. I ate 1, 400 calories yesterday. Feel quite great.
      Welcome!

Comment

At 203.6 today. Yesterday I ate about 1798 net out of 1868 budget. Did a slow walk of about 2.5 miles.

Comment

181.2 lbs today. I've given up booze and sweets since Jan 1. No real weight loss - but then again it's only been seven days. One thing though, I do feel a lot better. I went for a run yesterday after work and I don't know if it was the three days off between workouts or the quitting of the booze. But I felt great.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
            181.2 lbs today. I've given up booze and sweets since Jan 1. No real weight loss - but then again it's only been seven days. One thing though, I do feel a lot better. I went for a run yesterday after work and I don't know if it was the three days off between workouts or the quitting of the booze. But I felt great.
            It's the booze. Trust me, I've done both.

Three days off no doubt helped, but the lack of alcohol made those three days much more productive for recovery.

And good for you taking a break. Best way to reset and see how the otherside lives. BTW, if you really want a post run brew, check out Athletic Brewing, I think they just started to ship up your way.

Comment

At 203.00 even today. Yesterday I ate about 1598 net out of 1868 budge on the calories. Did a slow walk of about 2.2 miles, but I did a lot of working on the old place getting it ready to sell, so I still put in about 4 miles of total walking.

Comment

Okay, down to 201.2 today. I just checked now and saw that I only ate 1,294 calories yesterday out of 1868 budget. I guess my memory is getting really bad because apparently I forgot to eat or something. And that NEVER happens to me.

No exercise--was super busy.

Comment

177.8 lbs today. Although I am cheating a bit. I stood on the scale after my 20k run.

Comment

5'10" 196 over the weekend. Officially the heaviest I've ever been :-/

Comment

Whelp. Back up to 183 today after a weekend of gluttony.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex.C View Post
                        5'10" 196 over the weekend. Officially the heaviest I've ever been :-/
                        Welcome! And good luck! The thing that has been working best for me is to track my food intake with the Lose It app. And reporting here.

Comment

Okay, I haven't been posting for a few days, but I have been tracking.

Today I was back down to 200.2. Yesterday, Tuesday, I ate about 1565 calories out of the 1857 budget. But on Saturday through Monday, I went over by between 450 and 750 calories each day. That's not enough to make me put on weight, but it does slow down the loss.

I haven't been exercising, but the work I'm doing on fixing the old house is worth about 5 or 6 miles a day on the days I've been doing work there. But both my wife and I have been too busy to go for walks or ride the stationary bike.

Comment

Today I hopped on the scale and saw 199! I was in disbelief. But it was too good to be true. I moved the scale a bit on the floor and got back on. 200. Tried it again. 200. And again. 200.

Oh well--I was about 155 calories over my 1841 budget yesterday. And no intentional exercise--just about 3 miles walking around doing work at the old place and the new place.

But still--I am 10 pounds less now than when I started posting a few months ago and that's pretty good progress. At anything 200 pounds and less, I don't feel totally bloated and most of my clothes fit. 190-195 feels a lot better than 200 and that is in sight.

Comment

So after a week of watching what I eat and using My Fitness Pal to track my weight I am weighing 180.1 lbs today. The challenge will be to keep the weight of this weekend and stick to my calorie goal.

mebejoseph congrats on dropping the 10 lbs! Keep up the good work.

Comment

Okay, I'm at 200.2 today, so not bad.

I was right at my 1841 calorie budget yesterday.

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                                So after a week of watching what I eat and using My Fitness Pal to track my weight I am weighing 180.1 lbs today. The challenge will be to keep the weight of this weekend and stick to my calorie goal.

mebejoseph congrats on dropping the 10 lbs! Keep up the good work.
                                Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X