No announcement yet.

What I ate and Weight Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And another couple of extra calories means another extra pound.

208.2 today. Net 2.236 calories on a 1,874 calorie budget. 3.25 miles of moderate walking.

I'm sure those extra pounds are just temporary. There's no way that 1,500 calories extra in two days adds up to four pounds. Should be gone in a day or two.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Bad day for me. 180lbs on the scale. Looks like I ate a bit too much this weekend. Going to have to workout a little more intense this week to burn those calories off.

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
        And another couple of extra calories means another extra pound.

208.2 today. Net 2.236 calories on a 1,874 calorie budget. 3.25 miles of moderate walking.

I'm sure those extra pounds are just temporary. There's no way that 1,500 calories extra in two days adds up to four pounds. Should be gone in a day or two.
        I'm sure you're right about that. Especially if your meals were carb/starch heavy, it's a bunch of water weight that you should have no problem shedding with some good hydration and the activity level you've been hitting.

Comment

206.2 today. Net 1,315 calories of the 1,867 budget. I think I must have missed something--the calories seem very low. 2.95 miles of moderately brisk walking.

Comment

206.4 today. Net 1662 calories out of 1,867 budget. 2 miles of moderate to slow pace walking. Busy busy busy

Comment

204.6 today. 1650 calories/1861 budget. 3.25 miles walking.

Even better than the 5 pounds weight loss is that I'm finally feeling less bloated and like my clothes are starting to fit again.

Comment

I am 6'4" and weighed around 185-190 lbs in pretty good shape in March. I got up to 200 at the end of October. The weight gain was mostly intentional. I increased my workout durations and started cooking (and eating) significantly more meat since I had more free time. I put on muscle, and I got my cardio up to where I ran a marathon in 4 hours with a hangover on 5 hours sleep at the end of October just to prove I could run one. I also hiked the South Kaibab trail at the Grand Canyon all the way down and back up in 6 hours in early October, while everything advises you to not attempt to do that in one day. All of that's to say I was in good shape starting out this month.

But I noticed some of the gain was fat, and my wife was annoyed that I was still drinking a good bit (mostly weekends) but she is pregnant and can't indulge. So of course I took it to the extreme. Almost three weeks ago, I started the carnivore diet. I've eaten nothing but meat, eggs, cheese, butter, and cream. I weighed 200 the morning of November 2, and I weighed 187 this morning. My chest and arms are the same size, but my waist has gotten smaller, my love handles are completely gone, and my pants are loose. I am probably eating around 3000 calories per day, but I have not counted. Like for lunch today, I ate 6 eggs with cheese and 5 pieces of bacon. I regularly eat 1 lb grass finished ribeyes cooked in a LOT of butter. Since I cannot have sugar, I started making myself tiny milkshakes at night that are about 5 oz of heavy cream with pumpkin spice, and I put heavy cream in every cup of coffee. My workout routine has remained mostly the same -- 90 minute upper body weights Sunday, Wednesday, Friday, 60-90 minute yoga Monday, 7 mile run Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. I was running 14 miles every Saturday, but one side effect of this diet is I barely have the energy reserves to hit the 7 now, so I know I can't hit the 14. I have not noticed any changes in energy (positive or negative) other than running.

All of that is to say that this diet is pretty extreme. And I know that as soon as I reintroduce carbs, I will probably gain 5 pounds within a day or two. But I am going to stick to this until December 2 to finish out my month trial, then I am going to reintroduce healthy vegetables and fatty foods like avocado. I am going to stay zero sugar and zero carb through the rest of the year. My goal is to get down to about 180, then when I get off the diet I will jump up to the 185-190 range. I would like to hover in that range while maintaining the muscle I built at 200 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddington View Post

But I noticed some of the gain was fat, and my wife was annoyed that I was still drinking a good bit (mostly weekends) but she is pregnant and can't indulge. So of course I took it to the extreme. Almost three weeks ago, I started the carnivore diet. I've eaten nothing but meat, eggs, cheese, butter, and cream. I weighed 200 the morning of November 2, and I weighed 187 this morning. My chest and arms are the same size, but my waist has gotten smaller, my love handles are completely gone, and my pants are loose. I am probably eating around 3000 calories per day, but I have not counted. Like for lunch today, I ate 6 eggs with cheese and 5 pieces of bacon. I regularly eat 1 lb grass finished ribeyes cooked in a LOT of butter. Since I cannot have sugar, I started making myself tiny milkshakes at night that are about 5 oz of heavy cream with pumpkin spice, and I put heavy cream in every cup of coffee. My workout routine has remained mostly the same -- 90 minute upper body weights Sunday, Wednesday, Friday, 60-90 minute yoga Monday, 7 mile run Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. I was running 14 miles every Saturday, but one side effect of this diet is I barely have the energy reserves to hit the 7 now, so I know I can't hit the 14. I have not noticed any changes in energy (positive or negative) other than running.

All of that is to say that this diet is pretty extreme.
                  Wow--that is extreme! But it's working for you, so--that's good! With my heart problems, I don't dare go with that kind of diet.

Comment

204.6 again today. 1,900 calories/1861 budget. No exercise

Comment

I am 6'4" and weighed around 185-190 lbs in pretty good shape in March. I got up to 200 at the end of October. The weight gain was mostly intentional. I increased my workout durations and started cooking (and eating) significantly more meat since I had more free time. I put on muscle, and I got my cardio up to where I ran a marathon in 4 hours with a hangover on 5 hours sleep at the end of October just to prove I could run one. I also hiked the South Kaibab trail at the Grand Canyon all the way down and back up in 6 hours in early October, while everything advises you to not attempt to do that in one day. All of that's to say I was in good shape starting out this month.

All of that is to say that this diet is pretty extreme. And I know that as soon as I reintroduce carbs, I will probably gain 5 pounds within a day or two. But I am going to stick to this until December 2 to finish out my month trial, then I am going to reintroduce healthy vegetables and fatty foods like avocado. I am going to stay zero sugar and zero carb through the rest of the year. My goal is to get down to about 180, then when I get off the diet I will jump up to the 185-190 range. I would like to hover in that range while maintaining the muscle I built at 200 lbs.
                      The low energy might simply be a matter of fat-burning adaptation. It's only been 3 weeks so quite possible your body isn't fully efficient in metabolizing the fats for fuel just yet and, especially since you went cold turkey, you're probably feeling the effects of the sudden carb omission (aka, keto flu). It can take longer than a month for most people to become fat adapted but once you are, the energy level will increase.

Comment

I am 6'4" and weighed around 185-190 lbs in pretty good shape in March. I got up to 200 at the end of October. The weight gain was mostly intentional. I increased my workout durations and started cooking (and eating) significantly more meat since I had more free time. I put on muscle, and I got my cardio up to where I ran a marathon in 4 hours with a hangover on 5 hours sleep at the end of October just to prove I could run one. I also hiked the South Kaibab trail at the Grand Canyon all the way down and back up in 6 hours in early October, while everything advises you to not attempt to do that in one day. All of that's to say I was in good shape starting out this month. ****
                        Really odd--I tried posting a longer response to your post, but it got flagged as spam. Strange. I never spam.

But the gist was that I'm glad it's working for you. But with my heart issues, my doctors would flip out if I tried that.
                        Last edited by mebejoseph; November 21, 2020, 03:28 PM.

Comment

203.6 today! This is the lowest I've been since early May. Not sure how I managed only a net of only 1330 calories after exercise on my 1870 calorie budget. A very easy 2.5 mile walk.

With the new house, I've been a lot more active--Apple Steps giving me lots of credit for the lifting, cleaning, and so forth I've been doing.

Comment

203.6 again today. 1.546 net calories from 1,863 budget. 3.2 miles walking. I'd like to get more intense cardio in, but my wife has been joining me more and more for walks, and I enjoy her company.

Comment

Oops! I went over by 1,500 calories yesterday! I ate all that extra in the form of junk food right before bed. Up to 205.3 today. 2.10 miles moderate walking, but up and down some steep hills.

I'm sure the weight gain is just temporary

Comment

Also using Loseit to keep a better eye on macros. Didn't drink for all of October and dropped 10 pounds. I don't have a scale and am trying not to focus too much on just weight.

Comment

Working...
                                X