What I ate and Weight Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I ate and Weight Today

After getting down under 195 last year at this time (I'm 6' 2"), I've gained almost 15 pounds since the pandemic started. We all know that our clothes don't look good when they are ill-fitting. And WOW--mine are ill-fitting right now. I couldn't wear my nicest polos this summer and I won't be able to wear my nicest Henley long sleeves or sweaters this winter without looking like they will burst at the seams.

Over the last ten years the only thing that has consistently worked for me losing weight has been logging all my exercise and the food I eat in an app like Lose It.

Does anyone want to join me in recording their food activity and weigh here on a daily basis?

I was at 210 yesterday. Today I weigh 208.6. Yesterday I ate 1,241 calories net after exercise of 281 calories. My allowance was 1,905. Did a brisk three mile walk.

Anybody else?
    Last edited by mebejoseph; November 12, 2020, 11:17 AM.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

209.2 today. I had 1,571 calories out of 1,896. Did a brisk 3 mile walk.
    Last edited by mebejoseph; October 29, 2020, 11:19 AM.

Comment

207.6 today. I ate 1,349 out of 1900 calories yesterday. No significant exercise.
      Last edited by mebejoseph; November 12, 2020, 11:19 AM.

Comment

207.6 again today. I ate 1,679 calories out of 1,891 yesterday. 3 mile brisk walk, a few dozen squats and pushups. I need to add some high intensity cardio and burn more calories.

Comment

Weight 207 today. I ate 1858 out of 1891 calories yesterday. Three mile brisk walk.

Today will be a challenge. We are having another couple over for a socially-distanced patio dinner, but I am doing the cooking. And I always have trouble counting the calories I eat while test-tasting the food.

Comment

Weight 210.2 today. today was a big challenge because I was cooking for guests. I ate 2,228 calories out of 1,891 calories available--this includes adding a pretty generous estimate about 500 calories for tasting while cooking. So of course, eating 350 extra calories made me gain 3 pounds.

Also, rode the exercise bike fairly vigorously for 50 minutes. And a strolling walk of about mile or so with my daughter in the morning.

Okay, should get back on track today and see what tomorrow brings.

Comment

Weight 208.6 today. Exactly the same as last Monday. Kind of sucks. Based on the Lose It app's prediction, I should have lost about two pounds this week

Yesterday I ate 1751 calories out of 1891 available. Did a 4.5 mile pretty easy suburban hike through a few nature trials, residential areas, and parks.

Anybody else want to join in this fun?

Comment

No weight for me today. BUT I did polish off an entire bag of mini kit-kat chocolate bars yesterday. Which is why I didn't stand on a scale this morning. Too depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                  No weight for me today. BUT I did polish off an entire bag of mini kit-kat chocolate bars yesterday. Which is why I didn't stand on a scale this morning. Too depressing.
                  I've skipped Monday morning weigh-ins many times for similar reasons.

Comment

Haven't setup the old wii fit (only scale I have) but based on how my pants fit today/last few weeks? I'd guess that I'm about 185-195, at 5'10. Up from 175 pre pandemic. Gonna get back on it this week. Ate around 1500 calories today, out of 1800 that Lose It says I should be taking in.

mebejoseph If I can offer a bit of unsolicited advice? Given your age, past heart issues, and height; I'd try to hit your max calories every day. You could probably lose weight eating 2100 cals a day, if you could maintain consistency (the absolute hardest thing to do.) I say this, not just based on my own experiences, but from what I learned from my Dad. He is a lifelong fitness freak (running marathons and setting records in powerlifting competitions throughout the 90's and early aughts) who ended his professional career as a fitness coach who ran his own private gym, after many successful decades in sales/management.

Just my $0.02

Comment

Originally posted by Alex.C View Post

mebejoseph If I can offer a bit of unsolicited advice? Given your age, past heart issues, and height; I'd try to hit your max calories every day. You could probably lose weight eating 2100 cals a day, if you could maintain consistency (the absolute hardest thing to do.) I say this, not just based on my own experiences, but from what I learned from my Dad. He is a lifelong fitness freak (running marathons and setting records in powerlifting competitions throughout the 90's and early aughts) who ended his professional career as a fitness coach who ran his own private gym, after many successful decades in sales/management.

Just my $0.02
                      Thanks--I more or less am hitting max calories per day--I'm posting my net calories after exercise, which is how the Lose It app works. So, on most days, I am eating about 300-400 calories more than I'm posting.

This has always worked for me in the past. It will start working again.

Comment

Weight 208.8 today. Yesterday I ate 1709 calories out of 1891 available. Took a day off from exercise because my legs were stiff and I was busy.

I have a feeling tomorrow will be back on the downward trend.

Comment

I have no idea how many calories I eat on a daily basis, but have been weighing myself a lot more frequently this year and have actually lost weight (not a substantial amount, but probably ~4-5lbs) since the pandemic began. I usually hovered around 153-155 before (5'7"), and now float around the 148-150 range on a day-to-day basis.

Given that my alcohol consumption has increased and food is probably reasonably consistent from pre-pandemic days, I attribute it to a significant increase in exercise. I've increased my running a significant amount year-over-year and have just continued that through all of these pandemic months. I'm running, on average, 5 miles/day, 4-6 days/week and am on-track to cross 1000 miles before the end of the year. This is 400+ miles more than I've ever done in a year. Overall, despite all the garbage of this year, I am feeling pretty great about this aspect of life.

Solid work by all to be tracking consumption and exercise these days though. It's tough to do, and it's more than most people do. Plus, it gives you the right tools to be moving in whatever direction you want to! [thumbs-up emoji]

Comment

A little progress with a weight of 207.2 this morning. Yesterday I ate (and drank in the form of too much wine--the elections, you know?) about 1,740 net calories out of 1,891. About 2.75 miles of brisk walking.

I feel like I want to start kicking up the intensity on the exercise again, e.g., jogging instead of walking, but I'm just too lazy right now.

Comment

And back up a pound today to 208.2--probably because I ate most of my calories after 7 last night.

I ate a net 1,706 calories out of an allowance of 1,887. Although I feel like I might have missed something small in my log. but close enough.

A fairly moderately paced three mile walk.

Comment

Working...
                              X