I met an otter this past week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I met an otter this past week.

Okay, technically THREE....but only one did this. She was fun.

shoulder otter by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

The trip was going to be a blog post, and.....hell it still may. Had some family stuff pop up (dad got a lot worse) and we had to detour toward the end of the trip. They axed visitation at Iowa hospitals due to covid case increases, which--while very frustrating given the situation--i totally understand.....so we came home. So while that situation is playing out, I'm not keen on writing up the trip just yet. More focused on punching back out of town at a moment's notice.

Either way.....I met an otter last week. And despite the stress and drama, I'd say that makes it a pretty cool week in my book.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

That's pretty cool. Does someone you know keep those as pets? I can't imagine a scenario where a wild otter just shows up to cuddle with a human.
    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by mark4 View Post
      That's pretty cool. Does someone you know keep those as pets? I can't imagine a scenario where a wild otter just shows up to cuddle with a human.
      They're asian small-clawed otters, the smallest species there is, and they live at a wildlife sanctuary. They're only a few months old, and the above-ground pool swims with random humans provides enrichment for them. They only do it a few times a week to avoid them getting burned out by it. It was by far and away one of the coolest experiences of my life (and i've certainly had more than my fair share, everyone tells me to write a book)....and we've already decided we're going back next year.
      https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Working...
      X