Vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote

It's Election Day 2012 here in the United States.

Who's voting?

I mailed mine in last week. First ever presidential election that I've been eligible to vote in.

Voted this morning, second presidential election for me.

Comment

This thread will end well.

I voted

Comment

Voted

Comment

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and remove qualitative statements about politics. Let's keep our voting choices and political opinions to sites that are specific to those topics.

I will go vote in my 2nd presidential election and 3rd total election in about 20 minutes. It is an important day for voters in my state.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I want to vote, but having recently moved, I have to drive 2 hours just to vote. I didn't do the absentee ballot because I didn't even know about it. But my state (SC) is pretty much a lock anyway.

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
            -Maximus

Comment

Yeah, I think I avoided any indication that I wanted to know who you are voting for or why. I don't discuss that information.

Just strictly asking who's going to get to go vote.

Comment

Done. Things were a little more crowded and stressed this time around because they've consolidated several polling places while some are used as hurricane emergency centers. Nonetheless, lots of people were getting it done.

This is my 5th presidential election. Now I feel old.

Comment

I'm bad. I'm not particularly enthused over either candidate so I'm abstaining. It wouldn't really matter since Texas is a lock, anyway.

Comment

I'm with Alan, but the opposite type of lock (NY instead of TX). Also don't feel I know enough to vote on local issues/positions.

Comment

Anyone else thinking having 1 day to vote is a little...compressed? Maybe change it to a week? I'm sure it would cut down on lines and make things more convenient for some people with long drives or who work demanding jobs.

Let's face it, it would be cool to see how Haggard CNN would get with their election coverage.

Comment

Early voting is always an option. So while in-person voting is just one day, there are alternatives.

Comment

@Scrambledpotato: for many states with early voting, it's not just a one-day affair. I agree that this is good and hope it spreads.

Comment

I mailed my vote in almost a week ago. You have more than one day to vote through early voting and absentee voting.

Comment

Rocked The Vote at 7AM

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                              I>0<I

Comment

Working...
                              X