No announcement yet.

Video Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well said Ben- I completely forgot that the ESO was developed by a different studio. I agree that one of the greatest assests of the Skyrim's world was the attention to detail and how single player can interact with its environment, and that does get lost in most MMO's, where the interaction between the players is put in first place.

Another thing that I like about Skyrim is its vast mod community, some of the mods improved and expanded the world of Skyrim, adding anything from better textures to brand new worlds and followers.

Comment

ESO is apparently complete garbage according to people I play Darkfall with(and that game has issues).

Titanfall looks like an amazing graphics show off, but shooting the same stuff over and over, meh. It's like playing call of duty multiplayer(I haven't bought any of the COD:MW games) same thing over and over with no real end goal.

PC MMOs: Black Desert online looks to be intriguing

Xbone: Destiny looked rather neat, multiplayer with what looks to be an actual end goal to the game. I love co-op story driven games.

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
        It's like playing call of duty multiplayer(I haven't bought any of the COD:MW games) same thing over and over with no real end goal.
        pwning newbs rewards itself, bruh

Comment

Oh my God... I used to have a roommate who would play online COD-type games for hours at a time. I have never heard so many racial, ethnic, homophobic, and sexist slurs in my life. Give me a good, nerd-tastic single-player game any day of the week over THAT form of "human interaction."
          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            Oh my God... I used to have a roommate who would play online COD-type games for hours at a time. I have never heard so many racial, ethnic, homophobic, and sexist slurs in my life. Give me a good, nerd-tastic single-player game any day of the week over THAT form of "human interaction."
            Eh, i definitely think single player games are a superior product, but I also get a lot of enjoyment out of online FPS games. That being said, I liberally use the mute function.

Comment

There are exceptional FPS games I've really enjoyed (Half-Life 2 comes to mind), but for the most part the genre just doesn't appeal to me. Most FPSs seem geared more toward generating endless online multiplayer content, whereas I tend to enjoy single-player or co-op storyline content more. I recently played some COD:MW with a friend and my main observation is that the overall gameplay experience really hasn't changed or improved since my Halo LAN party days in high school.
              Ben

Comment

I just started Dishonored after forgetting I bought it(along with torchlight 2) on a steam sale. Really awesome game so far, I already want my revenge and it also makes me want to get Bio Shock 3 after.

Any Mechwarrior fans, there is Mech Warrior Online which is "Free 2 Play", really really want another mech warrior game . Mech Warrior 2 was what got me in to computer games.

Oh yeah Humble Bundle I think is still on, you get about 6 games for ~$10(Crysis 2, populus, sims 3, C&C red alert, BF3 and some others)

Comment

MechWarrior 2 and MW2: Mercs were also some of my earliest games. I still have the Clan Wolf intro monologue memorized. We are Clan Wolf, children of Kerensky....
                  Ben

Comment

I really enjoyed first Bioshock, and for whatever reason, I still remember FEAR (or F.E.A.R)?
                    Maybe playing in a dark room with headphones at full did some permanent damage from the few jump moments in the game...

Comment

Originally posted by sierra.alpha View Post
                      I really enjoyed first Bioshock, and for whatever reason, I still remember FEAR (or F.E.A.R)?
                      Maybe playing in a dark room with headphones at full did some permanent damage from the few jump moments in the game...
                      I'm going back and playing the first Bioshock now after playing and really enjoying Infinite (and finding out that Infinite DLC will take place in a pe-fall Rapture). Granted, I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to intense/scary games, but I'm having to take it in small doses

Comment

GRAND THEFT AUTO V

One of the most impressive games ever released and it is deservedly getting universal acclaim by the fans and critics. Its really beautiful and can only be further elevation of Rockstar's reputation.

Comment

Working...
                        X