No announcement yet.

Beer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=2055]greg_s[/MENTION], that C&B is a nice glass. Actually, when I lived in Germany, I saw that kind of glass commonplace for pilsners at gasthauses and restaurants and such. I hardly ever saw what we see pilsners served in here, the straight-up pint glass.

That TF is really interesting! Wouldn't mind having one of those.

And I do like a good snifter, especially for heavy Belgians and such.

Comment

Love this topic! Here some of my favorites from my collection. I'm partial to chalices and tulips.

St. Bernardus chalice

Westmalle chalice (this is my all-time favorite; the detail on this glass is amazing)

Tripel Karmeliet tulip

Unibroue tulip

Comment

I don't know who else here likes hefeweiznes, but I have had a heck of a time finding a good American one. I know that the style is definitely German style but I have searched for a decent American version. I have not found one. Anybody have any recommendations? I may just stick with the German varieties.

Comment

[MENTION=3567]Teej[/MENTION], I haven't found a good American-made one myself. Is it a lager style? Reason for not finding a good one could be that the great majority of American craft brewers focus on ales. Also, I don't think it's as in demand among most American beer drinkers as things like IPAs and Belgians and such.

Comment

I think it is an ale, not really sure. I agree, there are other styles that are much more in demand. Honestly though, for me, there is no better beer than a Hefeweizen on a hot summer day. I love sitting outside enjoying one. I have great memories of a college study abroad in German & Austira tied to that style though.

Comment

I like it once in a while. I have to admit to being a serious hophead, though. I like strong IPAs and DIPAs almost all year long.

Comment

I'm going to be really bad and have a beer for lunch today.

Comment

[MENTION=3567]Teej[/MENTION], stick with the German ones. http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/252/731/
                  [MENTION=6633]Duvel[/MENTION], with lunch or in place of lunch? Either way, totally a good plan. It is a holiday after all.
                  "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                    [MENTION=3567]Teej[/MENTION], stick with the German ones. http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/252/731/
                    I love Weihenstephaner. It is hands down my favorite hefeweizen.

Comment

Oh, with, definitely. I can't drink on an empty stomach. And with Miles' On the Corner on the hi-fi system. Duvel is home alone today. (My wife had to work.)

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                      [MENTION=6633]Duvel[/MENTION], with lunch or in place of lunch? Either way, totally a good plan. It is a holiday after all.

Comment

LOL, my wife walked back into the house yesterday around 1:30. She drove all the way to work, 45 minutes away, only to find that the place was closed and she didn't have to work. But she turned this into a positive by picking up groceries for us at Trader Joe's. I kept pestering her all weekend with "Are you SURE you're supposed to work Monday? It's a holiday." When she left for work yesterday morning, the last thing she said was, "I'm so jealous that you get to stay home." I replied, "It's okay. I'll see you in just a little while."

Comment

Awesome weekend but now I feel like I need to do some detox. It was pretty funny that the consensus among the three of us on the barrel aged tasting was pretty similar.

My rankings: BCBCS > BCBW > BBA PT5 > Parabola > KBS > BNS
                          Friend #1: BCBCS > BCBW > BBA PT5 > Parabola > BNS > KBS
                          Friend #2: BCBCS > Parabola > BBA PT5 > BNS > KBS > BCBW (not so keen on the extra sweetness)
                          My cocktail videos >

Comment

Trying something new tonight. Great Lakes Lake Erie Monster Imperial IPA. Strong stuff, but surprisingly doesn't taste like the hop-bomb I was expecting. It is quite malty for an IPA. Also I love the label.

Comment

I picked up some Heady Topper last weekend while up in VT and a bottle of Dogfish 120min today on my way home from work. Never had the 120min, so I'm looking forward to trying it!

Comment

Man, I love imperial and double IPAs.

Comment

Working...
                                X