No announcement yet.

Beer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's at the top of my list of beers to try, along with Zombie Dust. I tried many amazing beers last year, but those are the 2 I couldn't get my hands on. Maybe I should plan a trip to Vermont in the summer. I've never been to the northeast, so that is a good enough excuse.

Comment

Mmmmm heady topper. That was a delicious send. I ended up scoring some more as well. The big thing with Heady and ZD is to make sure you are getting it fresh. Trade with folks you know for those ones. That being said, all of the big hyped IPAs got all of their hype before there were so many people making so many damn delicious beers. I've had many better IPAs and other pale ales that are better than Pliny, Heady, and ZD. They are all fabulous beers but don't trade like crazy for them.
      "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
        Mmmmm heady topper. That was a delicious send. I ended up scoring some more as well. The big thing with Heady and ZD is to make sure you are getting it fresh. Trade with folks you know for those ones. That being said, all of the big hyped IPAs got all of their hype before there were so many people making so many damn delicious beers. I've had many better IPAs and other pale ales that are better than Pliny, Heady, and ZD. They are all fabulous beers but don't trade like crazy for them.
        Could you name some of those you felt were better? Maybe I'll add to my list!

Comment

Not sure if id say "better" but some more easier to get ipas that I love are firestone wookie jack, hop rod rye, racer 15, foothills jade, and two hearted.
          My cocktail videos >

Comment

Perhaps better is a strong judgment, but at the very least, I've had many that were on par with some of those and make me question the hype. Especially ones that are considerably easier to find (depending on the time of year): Hopslam, Oracle, most IPAs by Toppling Goliath, Abrasive, Steel Toe Size 7 (local), Enjoy by IPA, Arctic Panzer Wolf, hoptimum, Simtra, etc.

Not all of these are "better" but many are at least in the same league and often much, much easier to find.

Comment

Some other good IPAs - Ithaca Flower Power, Sixpoint Bengali Tiger, Sixpoint Resin, Ballast Point Sculpin, Pretty Things Meadowlark, Smuttynose Big A, Cigar City Jai Alai.

Not an IPA but if you can get your hands on Nugget Nectar, that's golden.

I'd say Flower Power is in my top 3-4 IPAs / DIPAs / TIPAs

Comment

Thanks guys. I've had Abrasive, and I will try Jai Alai and Two hearted Ale for the first time tomorrow! Not many of those beers are easy to find for me. I have heard rumors that Basllast Point could be coming soon.. I can only hope..

Comment

I loved Two Hearted as well. Sucks that they don't distribute in MA.

Comment

Looks like you get some good ones distributed your way though, geauxtigers:

http://seekabrew.com/distro/index.html

Bear republic, Green Flash, Moylans (Hopsickle is the only I've had and enjoyed it), Prairie Artisan Ales, Sierra Nevada, Stone are all worth looking into.

Comment

I have to say, I've never come across any Bear Repulic here, I will search for it. I have had a lot of Green Flash, Stone and Sierra Nevada. I very much enjoyed them all, have to say the Enjoy By would likely be my favorite from those. I wish it was produced year round. I guess the main problem is there are many good beers here, but not a lot of "great" ones..

Comment

Nursing a glass of Green Flash Green Bullet TIPA currently. Yum. What are you drinking?

Comment

Enjoying a nice cold Moosehead.

Comment

Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee Stout 2013

Comment

I'll be tippling a Green Bullet soon as I begin preparing our penne dinner. How about you?

Comment

Finally found a place by my house with Three Floyds Zombie Dust on draft... Excellent!

Comment

Working...
                                X