Traveling with family - not very stylish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveling with family - not very stylish

So tomorrow I'm heading off for a weeklong trip with my wife and 2-yo twins to meet my family in IL. Unfortunately I'll be wearing my Vasque hiking shoes for the flight (look good on the trail but dorky in town) and probably most of the week because they're simply the most comfortable shows I have for standing around/walking through airports, walking with the kids, etc. I'm taking along my PF Flyer sneakers in the event that I want to look better but they're not very comfortable at all. My Cole Haan Paul chukkas would definitely be considered overdressing considering how warm it will be and that I'll be spending most of my time with the family.

Anyway, just wanted to share my sob story more than anything. ;-) I'm just looking forward to the Vasques and PF Flyers wearing out so I can buy (1) a comfortable but more stylish pair of walking shoes/sneakers (Patagonia or similar) and (2) a pair of sneakers that don't kill my feet after walking 0.25 mile on concrete sidewalks. Has anyone else had to deal with these disappointments after they started paying more attention to their style choices?

Matt, a beautiful wife and children outshine any outfit or situation. Your family gives your existence style.

Comment

Everyone makes bad purchases especially when you are just starting to try to dress better. I started reading Dappered about a year ago and I remember all the terrible impulse purchases I made in the first month when I still didn't have any idea what I was doing. The good thing is that every time you realize you made a bad purchase you get better at understanding what works for you and what doesn't.

Comment

Working...
      X