Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"A goal without a plan is a wish." -- Herm Edwards

Comment

You are in your car an hour each day; you are in your clothes from morning till night. Spend accordingly.

- Esquire

Comment

@red devil , quoted that Herm Edwards the other day. Love it.

"If I'm here, and you're here, wouldn't that make it OUR time?? Nothing wrong with a little feast on OUR time." - Spicoli (Fast Times at Ridgemont High) ...obviously

"This is not Nam, this is bowling, there are rules." - Walter (Big Lebowski)

Comment

"In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life." - George Best

Comment

"...once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand" - , THE

Velveteen Rabbit, Margery Williams

"What is essential is invisible to the eye" - The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Prince

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"

- Rutger Hauer as Roy Batty in Blade Runner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tears_in_rain_soliloquy

Comment

"Stay hungry. Stay foolish."

"I want to put a ding in the universe."

"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me."

"Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles."

"It's in Apple's DNA that technology alone is not enough."

"The products suck! There’s no sex in them anymore!"

"I’m as proud of what we don’t do as I am of what we do."

- Steve Jobs

Comment

"I wanted to get out and walk eastward toward the park through the soft twilight, but each time I tried to go I became entangled in some wild, strident argument which pulled me back, as if with ropes, into my chair. Yet high over the city our line of yellow windows must have contributed their share of human secrecy to the casual watcher in the darkening streets, and I was him too, looking up and wondering. I was within and without, simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life." -F. Scott Fitzgerald (The Great Gatsby)

"... These are the playmate years, and they are demonstrably fraudulent. The scene is reputed to be acrawl with adorably amoral bunnies to whom sex is a pleasant social favor. The new culture. And they are indeed present and available, in exhausting quantity, but there is a curious tastelessness about them. A woman who does not guard and treasure herself cannot be of very much value to anyone else. They become a pretty little convenience, like a guest towel. And the cute little things they say, and their dainty little squeals of pleasure and release are as contrived as the embroidered initials on the guest towels. Only a woman of pride, complexity and emotional tension is genuinely worth the act of love, and there are only two ways to get yourself one of them. Either you lie, and stain the relationship with your own sense of guile, or you accept the involvement, the emotional responsibility, the permanence she must by nature crave. I love you can be said only two ways. " -John D. MacDonald (The Deep Blue Good-Bye)

Comment

@frost, that's a fabulous Gatsby quote

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

@ pimpNthebox - yup really great quote - read on chris palmer's twitter feed (don't really follow twitter - except for espn nba)

Don't confuse your beliefs for knowledge unless you have knowledge of your beliefs! - unknown

Newton’s 3 Laws of Graduation (PhD Comics)

1st Law: A grad student in procrastination stays in procrastination unless an external force is applied to it.

2nd Law: The age ‘a’, of a graduate process is directly proportional to the flexibility ‘f’, given by the advisor and inversely proportional to the student’s motivation ‘m’

3rd Law: For every action towards graduation there is an equal and opposite distraction

Comment

I enjoy this narration immensely when paired with the visual style of its gorgeously shot video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_-3di1yx0

"I was in the winter of my life- and the men I met along the road were my only summer. At night I fell asleep with visions of myself dancing and laughing and crying with them. Three years down the line of being on an endless world tour and memories of them were the only things that sustained me, and my only real happy times. I was a singer, not very popular one, who once has dreams of becoming a beautiful poet- but upon an unfortunate series of events saw those dreams dashed and divided like million stars in the night sky that I wished on over and over again- sparkling and broken. But I really didn’t mind because I knew that it takes getting everything you ever wanted and then losing it to know what true freedom is.

When the people I used to know found out what I had been doing, how I had been living- they asked me why. But there’s no use in talking to people who have a home, they have no idea what its like to seek safety in other people, for home to be wherever you lied you head.

I was always an unusual girl, my mother told me that I had a chameleon soul. No moral compass pointing me due north, no fixed personality. Just an inner indecisiviness that was as wide as wavering as the ocean. And if I said that I didn’t plan for it to turn out this way I’d be lying- because I was born to be the other woman. I belonged to no one- who belonged to everyone, who had nothing- who wanted everything with a fire for every experience and an obssesion for freedom that terrified me to the point that I couldn’t even talk about- and pushed me to a nomadic point of madness that both dazzlez and dizzied me.

Every night I used to pray that I’d find my people- and finally I did- on the open road. We have nothing to lose, nothing to gain, nothing we desired anymore- except to make our lives into a work of art.

LIVE FAST. DIE YOUNG. BE WILD. AND HAVE FUN.

I believe in the country America used to be. I belive in the person I want to become, I believe in the freedom of the open road. And my motto is the same as ever- *I believe in the kindness of strangers. And when I’m at war with myself- I Ride. I Just Ride.

Who are you? Are you in touch with all your darkest fantasies?

Have you created a life for yourself where you’re free to experience them?

I Have.

I Am F**king Crazy. But I Am Free."

Comment

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly."

-Orson Welles as Harry Lime in "The Third Man" (1949)

Comment

"The sweet ain't as sweet without the sour" - I don't know who originated this, but I love it.

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." - Warren Buffett

Comment

@greg - thank you sir. One of my favorites.

Comment

“We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It's easy to say "It's not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem." Then there are those who see the need and respond. I consider those people my heroes.”

-Fred Rogers, "Mr. Rogers"

Comment

"You are what you love, not what loves you." - Donald Kaufman, Adaptation.

Comment

Working...
                                X