New bourbon thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armedferret View Post

You can get vaccinated at the Baltimore Convention Center site that UMD/JHU are hosting. *ANYONE* can go get vaxed you just have to get on the mailing list and schedule your first appt as soon as you get the email inviting you to.

That's where I got my shots, and that's where a bunch of folks in my unit have gotten theirs too since the .mil told us we weren't eligible until June.
    I got my in Salisbury, MD yesterday as I have a friend whose sister works for the public health department down there and told me about the fact that they were taking all comers. And because I didn't see this until today - Baltimore would have been A LOT closer. But a drive down the Eastern Shore on a nice day isn't the worst way to spend a day. For my second shot we just may spend a long weekend out there somewhere so my drive is shorter.
    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

My Texas connection just located a bottle of Woodford's 2021 Masters Collection Batch Proof under MSRP, so I'm pretty excited about that one.
      https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
        My Texas connection just located a bottle of Woodford's 2021 Masters Collection Batch Proof under MSRP, so I'm pretty excited about that one.
        I'd love to know what you think of it

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR View Post

I'd love to know what you think of it

I'll report back in May.

Comment

Removed by OP
            Last edited by JohnR; April 16, 2021, 04:48 PM. Reason: I'm so ignorant of the secondary market that I didn't know it was an illegal thing. I know that reselling without a license is but didn't know the whole market was. I've respectfully removed the origi

Comment

Hey gang, I've never been into buying from the secondary market but suspect that some of you might be. If so, can you point me to a couple of good exchanges out there?
              Nice try, officer.

Comment

Of course it really depends where "reasonably priced" is for you but in the Sagamore (good stuff) and Russel's range, I also like High West Double Rye. For a few dollars more, and in the Willett range (totally agree with that one!) I think Michter's US1 is quite solid and very approachable. I'm also drawn to Pikesville 110 and that's long been my higher proof go-to bottle. I've never been a huge fan of Rittenhouse, despite it's reputation, but have always enjoyed Dickel's at that price point.
                Well it's going to be Russell's Reserve 6 year rye, by mistake. I happened to mention to my wife a few days back that we were low on bourbon and I might grab a bottle of Russell's reserve just as a step up from the 101, so on the way home from work she stopped at the liquor store and grabbed Russell's Reserve, but the rye, not the bourbon, so that's what I'm starting with. It'll be fine as far as dipping my toe in to see how I feel about rye or whether I want to stick to bourbon and scotch. Although it's now getting into gin/rum/tequila season so this bottle may last a while.
                “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Their rye is a nice expression of rye. Hopefully you enjoy it and, if not, you'll have something else in the lineup to offer to friends who stop by.

Comment

Their rye is a nice expression of rye. Hopefully you enjoy it and, if not, you'll have something else in the lineup to offer to friends who stop by.
                    I really liked it to the point where I kind of feel like it's dangerously tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by mark4 View Post

I really liked it to the point where I kind of feel like it's dangerously tasty.
                      Serendipitous!

Comment

Working...
                      X