No announcement yet.

New bourbon thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a Whistlepig store pick (private barrel) labeled as "10 year" but barreled in 2004 so....that makes it a 17 year.

It's fantastic.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Lovely! That 10 year is one of the nicest drinking 100 proof ryes I can recall ever having

Comment

This didn't disappoint

I've been keeping my eyes open for a bottle of Ezra 7 Yr BS for years and happened upon two of them this week. I knew the hype was that it's a brilliant $40 bottle, but I had to pay $60 and was worried I'd regret it at that price. I don't. Happy that I bought them both, in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
          Okay, we had one before, and now that there's a new post about it, let's discuss it again.

In late September 2001, a handful of Green Berets (and some CIA fellas) were dropped off in Northern Afghanistan to start taking the fight to the Taliban. They got around on horseback regularly, becoming known as the Horse Soldiers. Some of them make some absolutely magnificent bourbon now.

In addition to the Blanton's and Horse Soldier, the shelf also currently holds Maker's, Yellowstone, Woodford Double Oaked, 1792, 1876, Six and Twenty, and of course a couple bottles of Buffalo Trace.
          Exotic! Would probably taste smoother with that bit of history!

Comment

Originally posted by Swashgene View Post

Exotic! Would probably taste smoother with that bit of history!
            It's pretty tasty stuff. I'm going to splurge on a barrel proof next go, once the existing bottle is done.

Comment

I'm going to resurrect this older thread. I'm refilling my liquor cabinet after a move. This week's addition were Buffalo Trace, Four Roses Single Barrel and Horse Soldier Signature Small Batch.

Although I usually drink my bourbon neet I was intrigued by the crystal clear ice cube makers.

Does any one have any recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
                I'm going to resurrect this older thread. I'm refilling my liquor cabinet after a move. This week's addition were Buffalo Trace, Four Roses Single Barrel and Horse Soldier Signature Small Batch.

Although I usually drink my bourbon neet I was intrigued by the crystal clear ice cube makers.

Does any one have any recommendations?
                I've had good luck boiling distilled water in the past, but even distilled/boiled water can freeze cloudy. I stopped obsessing over it as life is already too stressful for worrying about that (at least for me--everyone's got different situations )

Comment

Working...
                X