X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the passenger
    replied
    Originally posted by Billyum View Post
    Yes, I'm on reddit. I mainly lurk (kinda like here), but I check FMF frequently. I skim MFA less frequently, mainly because the style they seem to promote isn't necessarily my style.
    I'm the same (both in mostly lurking here, and in following FMF and skimming MFA a couple of times a week. I also follow GYW and WatchExchange.

Leave a comment:

• Billyum
    replied
    Yes, I'm on reddit. I mainly lurk (kinda like here), but I check FMF frequently. I skim MFA less frequently, mainly because the style they seem to promote isn't necessarily my style.

Leave a comment:

• mcadamsandwich
    replied
    Originally posted by armedferret View Post
    GoodYearWelt. It's a collection of people who spend their days finding every tiny little nuanced reason a certain pair of shoes is complete trash and should be thrown in a fire.

And yes, they have said horrendously negative things about Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling, and even Lobb and Cleverley and Meccariello bespoke footwear.

While there's good folks who frequent it, the overwhelming group attitude is "if it's not something I personally own, it's total trash and you should be ashamed of even posting here."

Imagine being so disappointed with where your life has brought you.
    That's just inaccurate hyperbole.

You're on the internet where opinions are more abundant than facts, so of course you're going to get tons of negative reviews of whatever you hold dear, especially on Reddit (where the majority (34%) of the users are in the university age range of 18-22, with 23-26 and 27-30 following behind). For the record, I own like 20+ pairs of Aldens and I say horrendously negative things about them all the time, but also love them dearly.

Leave a comment:

• mebejoseph
    replied
    GoodYearWelt. It's a collection of people who spend their days finding every tiny little nuanced reason a certain pair of shoes is complete trash and should be thrown in a fire.

And yes, they have said horrendously negative things about Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling, and even Lobb and Cleverley and Meccariello bespoke footwear.

While there's good folks who frequent it, the overwhelming group attitude is "if it's not something I personally own, it's total trash and you should be ashamed of even posting here."

I've been combing through trying to find anything over the top negative, but I can't.

That's okay, anything to avoid writing this boring letter I promised the client by first thing Monday morning.

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
    That's kind of hilarious.

In the end, it all ends up as trash.
    Errbody turns into worm poop eventually.

Cept bin laden. He became fish poop.

Leave a comment:

• mebejoseph
    replied

That's kind of hilarious.

In the end, it all ends up as trash.

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    What the heck is GYW?

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    What the heck is GYW?

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    I've posted in the Tomorrowland subreddit a couple times.

ETA: Went into GYW and did the Abe Simpson.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    I missed the reddit train when it first came out and now I feel just too behind the times trying to figure it out. I feel like that old lady that posts the status updates to her wall haha.
    This is exactly how I feel! Thanks for summing my thoughts up so well.

Leave a comment:

• JBarwick
    replied
    I am on reddit but just lurk. I see posts link to Dappered every now and then.

Leave a comment:

• hockeysc23
    replied
    I missed the reddit train when it first came out and now I feel just too behind the times trying to figure it out. I feel like that old lady that posts the status updates to her wall haha.

Leave a comment:

• Deke
    replied
    I'm on reddit, but surprisingly never really got into the major men's clothing subreddits.

Leave a comment:

• mcadamsandwich
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    As someone who does not frequent Reddit, what would a Dappered subreddit have that isn't here?
    Reddit's MaleFashionAdvice and FrugalMaleFashion forums are very active, with over 2.2MM people. Lots of new items, reviews, discussions, etc. Could gain an entirely new or larger audience through Reddit.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    As someone who does not frequent Reddit, what would a Dappered subreddit have that isn't here?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X