Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay I can't contain it any longer

I'm freakin stoked and I just wanna blurt it out. :P

Applied a while back for consideration and just got notice I was approved for:

Private 0500 tour of Stonehenge, inside the ropes, and we get to watch the sun rise from INSIDE THE CIRCLE.

I've been to some pretty out of the way places, and seen my fair share of exotic sun rises and sets....but from inside freakin Stonehenge?

Anywho.

That's in July. I'll certainly be blogging about it.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

That's great! Which shoes will you wear?
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

That's awesome! I have always wanted to go to Stonehenge. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
        That's great! Which shoes will you wear?

We're doing like...6 or 7 countries in about 2 weeks, so backpacks and maybe a carry-on size duffel (garment duffel probably, for our fancy london din-din wear) will be the maximum effort. AE Strands (MAYBE the bourbon daltons, depends on room in backpack) for the dress-up occasion(s), Higgins for a lot of the time, and sneakers for heavy-walking days. Higgs probably for the Henge, it can be quite muddy and moist.

Obviously taking some saddle soap, conditioner, wax/water/old t-shirt, and a brush just in case.

The day we land we're basically going straight to St James/Mayfair/Savile Row for a little sartorial sightseeing. She's got a private boutique experience booked (she doesn't know this yet) at a retro/pinup style spot, and between the brownie points for that and this Stonehenge deal, I'll be cashing in every single one of them for a fitting at Cleverley. Think Russian Reindeer.

Once in a lifetime and all.

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
          We're doing like...6 or 7 countries in about 2 weeks, so backpacks and maybe a carry-on size duffel (garment duffel probably, for our fancy london din-din wear) will be the maximum effort. AE Strands (MAYBE the bourbon daltons, depends on room in backpack) for the dress-up occasion(s), Higgins for a lot of the time, and sneakers for heavy-walking days. Higgs probably for the Henge, it can be quite muddy and moist.

Obviously taking some saddle soap, conditioner, wax/water/old t-shirt, and a brush just in case.

The day we land we're basically going straight to St James/Mayfair/Savile Row for a little sartorial sightseeing. She's got a private boutique experience booked (she doesn't know this yet) at a retro/pinup style spot, and between the brownie points for that and this Stonehenge deal, I'll be cashing in every single one of them for a fitting at Cleverley. Think Russian Reindeer.

Well, if it's a fitting for Russian Reindeer, then it has to be shoes. Wow--sweet! I requested something in Russian Reindeer for Xmas. That might work out, but it's not going to be shoes.
          Last edited by mebejoseph; December 3, 2019, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Well, if it's a fitting for Russian Reindeer, then it has to be shoes. Wow--sweet! I requested something in Russian Reindeer for Xmas. That might work out, but it's not going to be shoes.
            yeah it's shoes. MAYBE a boot, but we'll see where pricing is.

we've got her car paid off, and between now and july we'll have our EDC trip AND the europe trip (transportation, hotels, tickets to events, etc) completely paid off as well as credit cards done, so we're treating ourselves a little. It's basically a "we're both 40 this year, fuck it, let's do big shit" kinda mentality.

So we're also going to Bucharest to drive the Transfargarasan Highway. Which is significant for anyone who watches Top Gear.
            Last edited by armedferret; December 4, 2019, 09:42 AM.

Comment

That's really cool! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph
                Please fix my type (it should have been "it's" not "its"), so I'm not quoted forever as not knowing the difference.
                sorry had to do it from work; was only on my phone last night and it defaults to always deleting posts when i try to edit.

Comment

sorry had to do it from work; was only on my phone last night and it defaults to always deleting posts when i try to edit.
                  Thank you.

Comment

I would have a hard time with bespoke shoes. For Russian Reindeer, I would go with boots but there are so many styles it would be hard to choose. Once you figure out style then you have all the details...

Maybe I can talk my wife into something big for our 40th though I know we will do something big around 45 when the mortgage is paid off.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                      I would have a hard time with bespoke shoes. For Russian Reindeer, I would go with boots but there are so many styles it would be hard to choose. Once you figure out style then you have all the details...

Maybe I can talk my wife into something big for our 40th though I know we will do something big around 45 when the mortgage is paid off.
                      Sweet! A paid off mortgage at 45! I don't think I'll ever have one as long as I live in So. Cal.

But I'm imagining all the shoes I could buy with that extra $3,000 a month.

Comment

Sweet! A paid off mortgage at 45! I don't think I'll ever have one as long as I live in So. Cal.

But I'm imagining all the shoes I could buy with that extra $3,000 a month.
                        Only $3K per month in So. Cal? Sounds downright reasonable.

Comment

Hit up Jermyn Street just behind Fortnum and Mason around Piccadilly Circus. Every English shoe brand you can think of and an amazing cheese shop with plenty of tasting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aps2012 View Post
                            Hit up Jermyn Street just behind Fortnum and Mason around Piccadilly Circus. Every English shoe brand you can think of and an amazing cheese shop with plenty of tasting.

oh oh -- did you say Cheese Shop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB8pbUW5n1g

Comment

Originally posted by aps2012 View Post

Yep, Saturday after we land we're going to freshen up, then head to the entire St. James/Jermyn/Savile Row area and get semi-crazy. First stop will be at the Embassy of the Republic of Texas plaque, with a short jaunt to James J Fox right after. The opportunity to see (and possibly SIT IN) Sir Winston Churchill's smoking chair in their basement is far too tempting to pass up.

Along with the appointment at Cleverley, we're going to swing by Cad & The Dandy for a fitting, and Swaine Adney Brigg for a proper authentic Raiders hat. Probably pop in to Edward Green and Crockett and Jones to get sized on a few of their RTW lasts, just for future reference. Then we're off to a (she doesn't know this either yet) retro/pinup style boutique for a private shopping day for her. Thankfully she doesn't know what the hat/suit/shoes will cost, so my male bits should remain steadfastly attached.

Comment

Working...
                              X