No announcement yet.

New iPhone? Can't decide...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whelp. After getting fed up with my iPhone not holding a charge longer than six hours, I bit the bullet and bought an iPhone 11. I am hoping I made the right choice. I looked at the phone in the store and the phone is significantly bigger than the 6s. But I'll give the new phone a go. I'll post a review of the phone after I've been using it for a bit. Thanks for the info on the decision making process.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
      Whelp. After getting fed up with my iPhone not holding a charge longer than six hours, I bit the bullet and bought an iPhone 11. I am hoping I made the right choice. I looked at the phone in the store and the phone is significantly bigger than the 6s. But I'll give the new phone a go. I'll post a review of the phone after I've been using it for a bit. Thanks for the info on the decision making process.
      We just upgraded my wife from a 6s to an 11. They’re expensive, customer service is generally crap, and you’re stuck with their ecosystem. However, at the end of the day we stay with iPhones because the vast majority of the time they just work and do what they’re supposed to do. This one isn’t all that much better but the camera function is something my wife likes. I still have a 6s that works fine.

Comment

I stick with iPhones/Apple because as you said I'm in their ecosystem. From computers to music streaming to phones. It's just easier. I am concerned the phone will be too big. But that seems to be how phones are going these days. And I was worried I'd think the 6s would be too big when I moved to it from the 4s. So I'll see how it turns out.

Comment

So just to bring an update. I picked up my phone this week and spend Saturday loading apps, ad getting the phone setup.

First impressions are the phone is big. So big that using it one handed isn't really an option. I do not know what the phone will be like when I carry it in my jeans pocket, or the inside pocket of my suit jacket. I guess I'll find that out tomorrow or on Monday. I do like the wireless charging though. More to come as I continue to use the phone.

Comment

So just to bring an update. I picked up my phone this week and spend Saturday loading apps, ad getting the phone setup.

First impressions are the phone is big. So big that using it one handed isn't really an option. I do not know what the phone will be like when I carry it in my jeans pocket, or the inside pocket of my suit jacket. I guess I'll find that out tomorrow or on Monday. I do like the wireless charging though. More to come as I continue to use the phone.
            Yeah... nobody can use a phone one handed anymore unless they have hands like a basketball player. Even then, unless you play center...

Comment

Rather than copy everything over from my old iphone to the new one I decided to start from scratch. On the one hand I'm glad I did this, since I was able to get rid of a bunch of junk that I don't use on my old phone. On the other hand it was HUGELY time consuming to do so.

As the week plays out I'll use the phone more and more. I'll get feel for what I like, and don't like, about the bigger phone.

Comment

How's the camera of the iPhone 11? I currently use an iphone 8 and I'm planning to upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by mobaxter View Post
                  How's the camera of the iPhone 11? I currently use an iphone 8 and I'm planning to upgrade.
                  My wife has the 11 Pro and it is very good. I don't know anything about the regular 11 but I'd assume it is a good step up from the 8 as it has 2 lens vs. 1 and the 2 lens iPhones are pretty good.

Comment

The camera on the 11 is very good. I was/am amazed at how the camera has improved from my 6s.

Comment

Originally posted by mobaxter View Post
                      Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                      My wife has the 11 Pro and it is very good. I don't know anything about the regular 11 but I'd assume it is a good step up from the 8 as it has 2 lens vs. 1 and the 2 lens iPhones are pretty good.
                      The camera on the 11 is very good. I was/am amazed at how the camera has improved from my 6s.
                      Camera is very good.

Battery life is dramatically improved over the 8.

I see little value in the other so-called improvements. I miss the home button and thumb print recognition.

I hate the facial recognition feature. It makes the phone a pain to open when you can't look at it directly.
                      WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Cool. I like the physical design of iPhone 11 except the big notch.

Comment

Working...
                        X