Work out getting stale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thedrake View Post
    That's one of the things I like about this work out, it's really flexible. Messing around with the number of movements, order of movements, weights and number of reps allowed me to find a good starting spot and from there I've settled into the workout I wrote down. I should also say that I miss a lot of days because of other commitments. It's no big deal, I just keep track of which work out I did last and when I have a chance to work out again, I do the next work out on the list.
    sounds like me for sure. I want to up the intensity of my workouts so that a missed day isnt as huge of a deal. This week is terrible for me and the gym. At least I know it is testing my mind shift. Instead of being like "OK, cool, I just cant go today" I am like "ah, dang it, I cant go today. where can I make it up?"

Comment

Originally posted by Alex.C View Post
      I'm in the same boat, what do you do to work your shoulders/triceps/whatever else OHP does?
      Late to the party, but John Meadows has a good write up on how to build boulder shoulders without using the OHP as your main lift. Mountain Dog has some of the best shoulders in the business

https://www.t-nation.com/training/sh...untain-dog-way
      We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

If you want a portable body weight routine, try this:

Capture a baseline:
        1. Max push-ups, rest
        2. Max pull-ups, rest
        3. 2 min of burpees

Get your numbers, and figure out your set based on desired intensity/fitness level.

The workout starts with pushups, then go directly into pull-ups, then directly into burpees. 4-6 supersets with 90-180 second rest between supersets.

It’s miserable and awesome. This workout with a once a week timed 2-mile run brought me from size 36 to size 29-30. I use this when I travel for work or go somewhere on vacation. It works but it’s a gut check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X