Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron
    replied
    I just started a face care regimen in the last 6 months. I'm late to the game but better late then never, right? It has evolved into quite a long list of products but I have noticed some improvement.

I did as much research online as I could (most of it is really just advertising) and saw mention of Brickell Men's products. Like hornsup84 mentioned it is really a lot of marketing hype. The use of dark bottles and black labels etc to make it appeal to a male audience. the nice thing is for $10 you can get a nice custom sample box where you can try out the eye cream among other products they offer. They offer a lot of unscented versions which is nice if you are sensitive to fragrance.

Anyway I use their eye cream. It runs about $40 for a 0.5 oz container. As they say, a little goes a long way. I use it 1-2 times a day and that little jar lasts about 4 months. I like its consistency and the ingredient list. I have very sensitive skin and I like that the product does not contain retinol or any variety of it. That probably makes it less effective because that is the one ingredient found to truly work.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Thanks for the tip [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] I'll have to do some searching around here to see where I go and get one. On a slightly different topic, for my birthday a few years ago I treated myself to a professional straight edge/shave. That was amazing.

Leave a comment:

• hornsup84
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    Interesting comment on price. I was looking at a facial moisturizer that was $50CAD. For me, that was/is too rich for my blood. But perhaps it is time to look in to using a more expensive product? With shoes and physical products I can tell the difference in quality and price. But with things like moisturizers I find I have a much harder time.

Re: the facial, I need to look in to that too. I think I might be missing out.
    I found much better results with this vs. cheaper and other expensive moisturizers. YMMV in terms of what works best for your skin (we're all a bit different with that and what works), but this one seems above the rest for me. It also takes a ton less product than some of the cheaper ones I tried (meaning the smaller size / higher price per volume wasn't as big of a deal). I can't say it's always commensurate with price, as some expensive products didn't get the same results.

Facials, I'd recommend at least trying even it is just once a quarter. She cleans me out a bit as well as provides some uber moisturizing when I go. Helps to reset every once in a while.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
    I stopped using a separate eye cream and relied on an overnight recovery cream that the woman who does my facials (I go every other month / quarterly, approx)-- linked here: https://www.heydayskincare.com/produ...recovery-cream
    It's expensive, but has been much more effective for me in balancing my skin and providing moisture (including for eyes) than anything else I've tried... including other pricey options. I also use an Ursa Major face wash which is the best I've used in a while (great smell as well).

As JB noted, I use a lotion w SPF during the day as well. Mine is a pricey version my wife likes, since it's something I have on hand, but YMMV on that front.
    Interesting comment on price. I was looking at a facial moisturizer that was $50CAD. For me, that was/is too rich for my blood. But perhaps it is time to look in to using a more expensive product? With shoes and physical products I can tell the difference in quality and price. But with things like moisturizers I find I have a much harder time.

Re: the facial, I need to look in to that too. I think I might be missing out.

Leave a comment:

• hockeysc23
    replied
    I'm not as due diligent in skincare (outside of sunscreen and a daily moisturizer) as I probably should be but I like Kiehl's stuff. They have an under eye cream I use some days when I don't get a lot of sleep. I have most of their stuff and find it's fairly successful.

Leave a comment:

• hornsup84
    replied
    Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] - How long does one of those containers last? When I see 1.x oz. I think it can't last very long.
    A good question -- surprisingly long, relative to the size. I have a big face (goes w my big head), and I use a very minimal amount of it every day--it's a nice consistency and doesn't take much each use. However, my wife and I both use it 7x a week as well, so it does go fast due to that. Still, I think we buy one every other month or so? (wife buys it when she's at her monthly facial appt.)

Leave a comment:

• JBarwick
    replied
    [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] - How long does one of those containers last? When I see 1.x oz. I think it can't last very long.

Leave a comment:

• hornsup84
    replied
    First, just stopping to note that "for Men" is an absurd way for companies to brand and make more money by selling things in black bottles vs. white/colors, often for an upticked price for no other reason.

I stopped using a separate eye cream and relied on an overnight recovery cream that the woman who does my facials (I go every other month / quarterly, approx)-- linked here: https://www.heydayskincare.com/produ...recovery-cream
    It's expensive, but has been much more effective for me in balancing my skin and providing moisture (including for eyes) than anything else I've tried... including other pricey options. I also use an Ursa Major face wash which is the best I've used in a while (great smell as well).

As JB noted, I use a lotion w SPF during the day as well. Mine is a pricey version my wife likes, since it's something I have on hand, but YMMV on that front.

Leave a comment:

• JBarwick
    replied
    Originally posted by t.urman View Post
    Any suggestions for eye cream?

I use Paula's Choice PC4Men daytime and night time repair, but curious if there's something you've found and liked.
    I have gotten more into a routine with facial products. My current go to's are as follows:

1. Sun screen when it will be sunny. Also apply every 2 hrs if I will be in the sun. I honestly use Babyganics and another baby one my wife buys.
    2. Retinol at night. It says 2% but I think they mean something else. 1% usually requires a prescription. I will likely upgrade to a .5% after a year of use then go prescription later. I use: https://www.sephora.com/product/the-...ulsion-P427418
    3. Vitamin C in the mornings. I rotate between: https://theordinary.com/product/rdn-...t-30ml?redir=1 and https://theordinary.com/product/rdn-...t-30ml?redir=1

I would buy a more expensive ascorbic acid but getting that pure gets pricey quickly.

Leave a comment:

• t.urman
    started a topic Eye Cream for Men?

Eye Cream for Men?

Any suggestions for eye cream?

I use Paula's Choice PC4Men daytime and night time repair, but curious if there's something you've found and liked.
Working...
X