This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home/space stuff: homemade liquor cabinet

Just wanted to share another homemade project. Made a liquor cabinet with a lift up piston door that comes out 5" and up 10.5". Used 1" x 10" x 10' pine boards, stained with minwax classic grey, then a light whitewash over the main cabinet and lightly sanded, but kept the door grey. Overall, it's 31.5 x 16.5 x 8.25 (+.75" with door).

I've currently got 13 bottles in there, but 4 of them are wider than the usual bottle of booze, so I could probably squeeze in 14 max.

Short video of it in action:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/FY3LGoxARtrpVTXX8

The rolling bar-cart is semi-homemade, converted from an Ikea cube storage thing, with a cut to size acrylic sheet on top.

And for the real fun, current stock:

Lagavulin 16, Glenlivet 12, Aberfeldy 12, Nikka Pure Malt Black
    (RIP Balvenie 16 triple wood and Laphroaig 10 that I finished off last week).

Local stuff: Westland Distillery single malt CXE Kulshan, Westland single malt American Whiskey, Westland single malt single Cask #4856 Muscatel finish, J.P. Trodden single cask bourbon, Temple Distilling Chapter One gin (114 proof), Temple Co-authored Volume 1 gin, Temple Woodcut barrel rested Gin, Bluewater Organic Distilling Akvavit, Pacific Distillery Pacifique absinthe.

Not in the cabinet: Hornitos reposado that I infused with cherrywood smoke using my handheld smoker, Hornitos Black Barrel anejo, homemade ancho & chipotle chile liqueur, 3 bottles of Rebel Yell for cocktails, Kirkland vodka (giant bottle of the cheap stuff for.. only $22 with WA liquor tax for 1.75L!!!), and various liqueurs and whatnot.
    Last edited by Nandyn; November 20, 2018, 11:36 AM.
Working...
X