No announcement yet.

Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

190lbs today. Likely because of what you're seeing above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'ma do a weekly weigh-in on Tuesday or Wednesday since Mondays are usually artificially inflated by big Sunday family dinners.
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
        Do be careful of the no exercise thing. There's a thing called "skinny fat" and that's unhealthy, too. Y'all might've seen in the news recently that no exercise may be worse for you than smoking and other vices.

Here's the direct link to the study:
        https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2707428
        Strong agree. Recently had my first child and she's had some complications so my schedule doesn't allow for the gym time right now.

Comment

Acceptance of the reasons we all have extra weight is the first step. After that we need to act on it. Our brains will not like it and they will throw excuses at us, like no tomorrow but we need to be strong and get through it.

What helped me the most was breaking the connection between food and psychological comfort and support. Food is fuel for our day and our activities and not our emotional support.

Comment

Weighed myself this morning though it was after quite a bit of coffee so I was likely a pound or two more than pre-coffee (16oz = 1lb). 185lbs.

I have changed a few things recently in my diet. I have added more nuts (almonds, macadamias), fewer Clif Bars, and more BAS (Big Ass Salads). My weight hasn't changed but then again this has only been a couple weeks worth of effort.

From an exercise standpoint, I have still maintained running 30-40 miles per week with some weight(s) 2 times per week. The weight aspect is just some kettle bell exercises with a 40lbs. one. Debating on picking up a heavier one but still feel I get a workout with 40lbs. I do 4 sets of 20 KBS, 10 SDHP, and 15 sit ups. KB snatches and KB cleans hurt my wrist too much.

Comment

I think I wrote above that what worked for me in regard to weight loss and maintenance when I was in my 30's and 40's has needed some adjustment in my 50's--especially since my last back surgery in late 2015--chiefly, that I can't rely on freakish amounts of exercise to burn off extra calories when I overeat.

I was 192.2 this morning, which puts me 7.2 pounds away from my goal, after getting up to about 229 or so about four years ago.

Here's a tip that's worked for me over the last three years, use it if you think it might work for you:

I pretty much eat the same thing for breakfast every day. It's only about 300 calories. Generally, a couple of pieces of a high fiber bread that's 60 or 70 calories a slice, a slice of cheese or turkey or roast beef on the bread, and some half and half in my coffee. And I usually have an apple or other piece of fruit about mid to late morning. (And don't worry about my heart--my cholesterol was just tested last week. It was 113).

I know "they" say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I don't disagree. But that doesn't mean it needs to be the biggest meal. I have the most willpower in the morning and almost none by dinner. I can lose a pound a week on about 1800 calories a day. On days I exercise, I can burn off about 300-400 calories. So, I eat lightly during the day and save 700 to 1200 calories for dinner.
              Last edited by mebejoseph; October 30, 2018, 07:16 PM.
              WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Jumped on the scale after the gym this morning. 192.2lbs. Boo! Not happy about that. Definitely need to stop eating so much sugar/chocolate bars. Also need to reduce the overall number of calories I'm eating these days.

Must...Cut down..on...beer...

Comment

[MENTION=17354]mebejoseph[/MENTION] - Which Cholesterol was 113? Total Cholesterol is a useless number. You really want to look at Triglycerides, LDL-P, and Small LDL-P. I assume since you have had heart issues in the past you get more than the basic lipid panel?

Comment

Haven't looked at the scale yet, but I did get back to sticking with my workout regimen. Did some good, slow squats working up to 1x5 205 lbs (max is only 265 for now), rack pulls working up to 1 x 5 385 lbs, and finished off with 3 sets of elevated/weighted standing calf raises yesterday.

My weight is probably going to go up a few pounds before I start seeing any fat weight loss, since I'm an endomorph. I might actually just focus on getting my big 3 lifts to a combined 1000 lbs before serious cutting, but I am going to clean up my diet, so that should help.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                      Must...Cut down..on...beer...
                      But... it's.. so... good...

Comment

Originally posted by Alex.C View Post
                        But... it's.. so... good...
                        Preach, brother!

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                          [MENTION=17354]mebejoseph[/MENTION] - Which Cholesterol was 113? Total Cholesterol is a useless number. You really want to look at Triglycerides, LDL-P, and Small LDL-P. I assume since you have had heart issues in the past you get more than the basic lipid panel?
                          Total: 113

Triglycerides: 80

HDL: 51

LDL/HDL Ratio: .9

VLDL: 16

LDL: 46

Unfortunately, this is 80-90% the result of the maximum doses of Crestor and Zetia. The best I could ever do with diet and exercise, all the numbers were about twice those, except for triglycerides, which were regularly over 200.

Comment

I am officially down 1.5 pounds from my low. I also ran my fastest mile ever (6:56) yesterday and a 24:27 5k today. This has already been a good week.

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                              Total: 113

Triglycerides: 80

HDL: 51

LDL/HDL Ratio: .9

VLDL: 16

LDL: 46

Unfortunately, this is 80-90% the result of the maximum doses of Crestor and Zetia. The best I could ever do with diet and exercise, all the numbers were about twice those, except for triglycerides, which were regularly over 200.
                              Oh wow. Great numbers now and based on your forum posts you are enjoying life. Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by KAHicks View Post
                                I am officially down 1.5 pounds from my low. I also ran my fastest mile ever (6:56) yesterday and a 24:27 5k today. This has already been a good week.
                                Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                                X