X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    I've been playing around on the Rogue website today and am getting dangerously close to purchasing a rack for the garage. Id hate to lose that space but I cannot go 8+ weeks with no specific weight training. Although shocked how good my cardio has been
    I wish I could, unfortunately there's nowhere I could build a home gym in my 1BR condo

My doors aren't even the right width to put up one of those cheesy pull-up bars.

Leave a comment:

• APinNC
    replied
    You won't regret it.

Leave a comment:

• hockeysc23
    replied
    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Gym time is something I also look forward to a lot. I will just need to reconfigure and adjust.
    I've been playing around on the Rogue website today and am getting dangerously close to purchasing a rack for the garage. Id hate to lose that space but I cannot go 8+ weeks with no specific weight training. Although shocked how good my cardio has been

Leave a comment:

• calexako
    replied
    199.4 lbs and 19.4% BF.

Home workout squad assemble!

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    We have a bowlex maxtrainer but it's not just losing "gainz" it's also something that keeps me sane.
    Gym time is something I also look forward to a lot. I will just need to reconfigure and adjust.

Leave a comment:

• APinNC
    replied
    My gym has staff cleaning all day, non-stop, but I'll probably be taking a break. My storage unit facility is less than a mile from my home, and my power racks and weights are there until my metal garage is finished being built. Heading there today or tomorrow to assemble the rack. I'll just walk there, lifts some weights, and walk back. Gotta make due.

Leave a comment:

• hockeysc23
    replied
    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    At this point I think it would be socially and morally irresponsible not to socially isolate yourself as much as possible. That includes no gym.

I've been training with a barbell 3-5x/week without interruption for the past year plus, so deciding not to go to the gym was rough for me. But I'll get over it. For the next couple weeks I'll use my parents' basement where they have a set of dumbbells, a recumbent bike, and a pull-up bar. They have been wintering out of town. In a few weeks they'll be back, and at that point I will switch to yoga/bodyweight movements at home and running outside.

I'd rather lose some of my gainz than feel like I contributed to millions of people needlessly dying.
    We have a bowlex maxtrainer but it's not just losing "gainz" it's also something that keeps me sane. I've been going 5-6 a week and playing hockey for the better part of a decade. it's just my time ya know? I agree that one needs to think of others during this time ... it's just hard for me. I miss that outlet.

I think I'm going to work on stretching and flexibility because those have never been my strong suit since I stopped playing college level hockey.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    At this point I think it would be socially and morally irresponsible not to socially isolate yourself as much as possible. That includes no gym.

I've been training with a barbell 3-5x/week without interruption for the past year plus, so deciding not to go to the gym was rough for me. But I'll get over it. For the next couple weeks I'll use my parents' basement where they have a set of dumbbells, a recumbent bike, and a pull-up bar. They have been wintering out of town. In a few weeks they'll be back, and at that point I will switch to yoga/bodyweight movements at home and running outside.

I'd rather lose some of my gainz than feel like I contributed to millions of people needlessly dying.

Leave a comment:

• Kurps
    replied
    Curious (and if not the right place for this I'll remove) but are those that go to the gym as part of the weight lose changing any of their plans in lieu of the current virus? What are you all seeing? I love going to the gym but do worry with the advice on social distancing and it is a place that is easy for germs.
    I last went on Friday but will probably hold off for a bit. I’ve run outside the past two days and have a pull up bar that I’ve used. I’ve been in a great gym rhythm lately so that’s frustrating but I’m trying to lose fat so running will be good.

Leave a comment:

• hockeysc23
    replied
    Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    I haven't yet though it is worth contemplating. I have not seen any insight into how long COVID19 lives outside of the body but estimates are currently at least a day. If you are in one of the at-risk groups, I would not even chance it.
    It can live on surfaces for up to 3 days, air born for several hours.

Leave a comment:

• JBarwick
    replied
    Curious (and if not the right place for this I'll remove) but are those that go to the gym as part of the weight lose changing any of their plans in lieu of the current virus? What are you all seeing? I love going to the gym but do worry with the advice on social distancing and it is a place that is easy for germs.
    I haven't yet though it is worth contemplating. I have not seen any insight into how long COVID19 lives outside of the body but estimates are currently at least a day. If you are in one of the at-risk groups, I would not even chance it.

Leave a comment:

• hockeysc23
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kurps
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    I was doing good on the weight loss. Steadily loosing weight, getting down to my fighting weight of 170lbs. Then a business trip came up. Lots of fatty foods and no exercise. I am sure I am back up around the 180lbs mark. Going to take it serious again and start working on some weight loss. Once the summer hits and I am outside exercising more, it isn't as much of an issue. Winter though. Brutal.
    I haven’t been keeping up with the thread over the past few months much but would point out that you started at 189lbs in Oct ‘18 so to be at 170, or even up to 175-180 is still an improvement. Your original goal was 175. If it was just a week of eating and drinking my guess is you will have a lot of extra water weight so even if you weigh 180 it’s more like 175 in reality after a few days of eating well and drinking a lot of water it should come right back to that.

If it’s a long game you can afford occasional cheat meals each week and still make good progress without feeling overwhelmed by your diet. Just get back on the horse.

Leave a comment:

• stuffedsuperdud
    replied
    Yeah, it's a been a brutal holiday for me regarding food and drink. Jan 1. New year, new body.
    I was doing good on the weight loss. Steadily loosing weight, getting down to my fighting weight of 170lbs. Then a business trip came up. Lots of fatty foods and no exercise. I am sure I am back up around the 180lbs mark. Going to take it serious again and start working on some weight loss. Once the summer hits and I am outside exercising more, it isn't as much of an issue. Winter though. Brutal.
    Forgive me if I am overstepping my bounds, but you're the threadfather here and did ask in the first post that it be a place to hold each other accountable, so I mean it in the most collaborative, non-judgey way possible when I say:

It's March, bro. It seems like you like riding your bike and such, and in the Canadian winter this ain't happening, but maybe you just have to join a gym and force yourself to go there every day. It'll suck but just go through the motions the way you do with all your other daily inconveniences, such as brushing your teeth commuting to work, and the results will come. Your relationship with food also seems kinda rocky, and in the end this game is more about diet than exercise unfortunately, but I'm not going to pretend like I have an easy solution for that one.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X