X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex.C
    replied
    Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Finished the gym (floors, lights, etc.) yesterday evening. Busy with work today, but should be able to get to it tomorrow morning. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.

Leave a comment:

• J2K66
    replied
    https://wodprep.com/wp-content/uploa...DprepsWODs.pdf

I came across this site when looking for at home programming. There are some decent workouts in there with no or minimal equipment.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    One good thing about having formerly done crossfit is I’ve managed pretty well so far with just dumbbells and bodyweight exercises. Sunday I could hardly walk after doing some weighted Bulgarian split squats and single leg Romanian DLs. Yesterday I did death by pull-ups followed by death by burpees... got my heart rate up to 190, no problemo.

Guess I will take advantage of the situation to try to improve my conditioning, mobility, and unilateral stability.

Leave a comment:

• hockeysc23
    replied
    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Ugh Rogue whyyyyy. I ordered 3 kettlebells, light medium and heavy. They're all shipping separately. The light one arrives today, the heavy one tomorrow, yet the medium one (which I was probably going to use for most things) is still pre-shipping.

Whyyyyyyy.

*insert first world problems disclaimer*
    Prob all in different warehouses. That sucks. Mine is still in order received mode. I'm struggling without a gym both physically and mentally. Wife's job took a mandatory 25% pay cut and it just seems we aren't even seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I just want to be able to throw some weights around and de-stress. I guess only silver lining is once this is over ... there are going to be a lot of people selling cheap gym equipment on FB to fully outfit my home gym.

I hope everyone is doing alright out there.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    Ugh Rogue whyyyyy. I ordered 3 kettlebells, light medium and heavy. They're all shipping separately. The light one arrives today, the heavy one tomorrow, yet the medium one (which I was probably going to use for most things) is still pre-shipping.

Whyyyyyyy.

*insert first world problems disclaimer*

Leave a comment:

• Alex.C
    replied
    Glad to be finishing up a full barbell/rack and heavy bag setup in the basement. I should have it finished tomorrow, be yolked next Thursday lol

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    My kettlebells just shipped actually. With an estimated delivery date of next Tuesday. But my experience with Rogue is that they create the shipping labels several days before actually shipping so I won't hold my breath for now.

Leave a comment:

• hockeysc23
    replied
    GGs... I'm also dreading that shipping will take forever (also, sorry UPS guy), but I've still got access to my parents' dumbbell set until they get back from wintering in Arizona in a week or two.

My home "gym" will soon consist of 3 kettlebells in varying weights, a yoga mat, and a jump rope Better than nothing I guess.
    If you’ve got heavy enough kettlebells you could buy some bands (elite fts has the best) and attach them for some row and other modifications

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    GGs... I'm also dreading that shipping will take forever (also, sorry UPS guy), but I've still got access to my parents' dumbbell set until they get back from wintering in Arizona in a week or two.

My home "gym" will soon consist of 3 kettlebells in varying weights, a yoga mat, and a jump rope Better than nothing I guess.

Leave a comment:

• hockeysc23
    replied
    Thanks for the help [MENTION=14885]APinNC[/MENTION] and talking it through [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] ... wife thought it would be a good idea to get a whole setup that way she can workout more in the comfort of the garage versus at the gym.

We went with the folding rack, a 320lbs bumper set to start, bench, and she got her own pink barbell ... cuz of course why not. God I hope it gets here soon but I know I'm prob 2-3 weeks away. Been trying very hard to monitor diet even closer, and cardio every night.

Leave a comment:

• hockeysc23
    replied
    I bought a few kettlebells (the shipping is almost as expensive as the items, lol) from Rogue. Apparently all the gym nerds had the same idea as me before I did, as all the standard Rogue kettlebells in the common weights are sold out. Had to get some of the more expensive, competition grade kettlebells instead... looks like I will be doing lots of goblet squats and unilateral deadlifts, cleans, and snatches... maybe work on some asymmetrical farmer's carries. Endless KB swings for cardio
    Yeah some of the items I had in my cart to discuss with my wife already sold out. I get she doesn't want to rush with the uncertainty of it all but in my mind that stuff is going to sell out soon. Problem also being is that if you buy most of what you need (rack, bench, weight set &bar) ... then shipping is free. If you piece meal it then shipping will kill you.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    I bought a few kettlebells (the shipping is almost as expensive as the items, lol) from Rogue. Apparently all the gym nerds had the same idea as me before I did, as all the standard Rogue kettlebells in the common weights are sold out. Had to get some of the more expensive, competition grade kettlebells instead... looks like I will be doing lots of goblet squats and unilateral deadlifts, cleans, and snatches... maybe work on some asymmetrical farmer's carries. Endless KB swings for cardio

Leave a comment:

• hockeysc23
    replied
    Originally posted by APinNC View Post
    He loves it. It's very sturdy. He's had the 40" depth version. I've had 330 or so on the bar and it didn't budge. The limit of the steel about 1000. He bought the stringer mounts and also added an 8x12 behind the stringer for more support. It's definitely a cool rack. Even though I'll have a metal garage soon, with plenty of space, I plan to sell my full rack and get this.
    Thank you I appreciate it Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• APinNC
    replied
    He loves it. It's very sturdy. He's had the 40" depth version. I've had 330 or so on the bar and it didn't budge. The limit of the steel about 1000. He bought the stringer mounts and also added an 8x12 behind the stringer for more support. It's definitely a cool rack. Even though I'll have a metal garage soon, with plenty of space, I plan to sell my full rack and get this.

Leave a comment:

• hockeysc23
    replied
    Originally posted by APinNC View Post
    Do you have enough space for the rack that folds out from the wall? My buddy has a 1BR and he made it work, albeit very snug
    That's the one I was specing out for the garage? Mind asking him how he likes it and/or how much weight it can hold? I'd appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X