X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mebejoseph
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    So gents, any suggestions on how we are going to lose this weight? Support group here is one thing. But actually putting it in to motion is another.

Never having done anything like this before, I'm uncertain how to proceed. Share low-cat recipes? Something else?
    Highly recommend that everyone at least get the free version of the Lose It app and start logging what they eat. I'm not going to get into the low fat/low carb/low calorie debate--you can track anything you want on there.

What's worked for me the last few years is counting calories on that app. I'm down about 25 pounds in that time and just want to lose the last 8-10 to be really lean.

There are "social" features on there that allow people to make groups and communicate their goals, etc.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    So gents, any suggestions on how we are going to lose this weight? Support group here is one thing. But actually putting it in to motion is another.

Never having done anything like this before, I'm uncertain how to proceed. Share low-cat recipes? Something else?

Leave a comment:

• Deke
    replied
    Someone has to be the big guy, so I'll take a run at it. I'm 6'4" and roughly 310. I'm fortunate to have a broad build, so I carry it fairly well (people are always shocked when they find out I weigh 300+), but I still think the 240-250 range would be dynamite. I've had minor successes with weight loss in the past (maybe 10 pounds here or there), but I've always ended up gaining it back. I currently have a fairly strong headwind, because my wife is pregnant (sympathy weight and all that), but also having my first child is making me reevaluate my health so I can be there for him for many years to come.

Almost on a whim I decided to start intermittent fasting last week (trying to only eat during a noon to 8PM window). I actually don't know that I believe there's anything inherent about fasting that's good for weight loss, it's really more just a way to help myself limit calorie intake. It's also saving some money since I'd often pick up a breakfast sandwich or something on the way to work. I've been shocked by how not difficult it has been. I think I only had one day (and it was a weekend) where I found myself getting cranky a little before lunch time.

Anyways, our scale is currently tucked away somewhere (we decided moving to a new house whilst pregnant was a good idea), so I won't be sharing any exact pound updates any time soon. Still, I figured I'd join in the fun.

Leave a comment:

• Alpha King
    replied
    I'm in. 6' 2" and 190 now. Would like to get back to 180. Got a 2 and a half year old, need to get back to that pre-baby weight!

Leave a comment:

• JBarwick
    replied
    That works. Here is a health span vs. life span chart that is simple and to the point. If you can do the simple things in the list above, you can have the same quality of life at an advanced age but people do not think long term and want the now.

The number 1 killer is heart issues and people ignore that. Prevention is key.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X