No announcement yet.

Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point I think it would be socially and morally irresponsible not to socially isolate yourself as much as possible. That includes no gym.

I've been training with a barbell 3-5x/week without interruption for the past year plus, so deciding not to go to the gym was rough for me. But I'll get over it. For the next couple weeks I'll use my parents' basement where they have a set of dumbbells, a recumbent bike, and a pull-up bar. They have been wintering out of town. In a few weeks they'll be back, and at that point I will switch to yoga/bodyweight movements at home and running outside.

I'd rather lose some of my gainz than feel like I contributed to millions of people needlessly dying.
    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      At this point I think it would be socially and morally irresponsible not to socially isolate yourself as much as possible. That includes no gym.

I've been training with a barbell 3-5x/week without interruption for the past year plus, so deciding not to go to the gym was rough for me. But I'll get over it. For the next couple weeks I'll use my parents' basement where they have a set of dumbbells, a recumbent bike, and a pull-up bar. They have been wintering out of town. In a few weeks they'll be back, and at that point I will switch to yoga/bodyweight movements at home and running outside.

I'd rather lose some of my gainz than feel like I contributed to millions of people needlessly dying.
      We have a bowlex maxtrainer but it's not just losing "gainz" it's also something that keeps me sane. I've been going 5-6 a week and playing hockey for the better part of a decade. it's just my time ya know? I agree that one needs to think of others during this time ... it's just hard for me. I miss that outlet.

I think I'm going to work on stretching and flexibility because those have never been my strong suit since I stopped playing college level hockey.

Comment

My gym has staff cleaning all day, non-stop, but I'll probably be taking a break. My storage unit facility is less than a mile from my home, and my power racks and weights are there until my metal garage is finished being built. Heading there today or tomorrow to assemble the rack. I'll just walk there, lifts some weights, and walk back. Gotta make due.
        We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
          We have a bowlex maxtrainer but it's not just losing "gainz" it's also something that keeps me sane.
          Gym time is something I also look forward to a lot. I will just need to reconfigure and adjust.
          Ben

Comment

199.4 lbs and 19.4% BF.

Home workout squad assemble!

Comment

Gym time is something I also look forward to a lot. I will just need to reconfigure and adjust.
              I've been playing around on the Rogue website today and am getting dangerously close to purchasing a rack for the garage. Id hate to lose that space but I cannot go 8+ weeks with no specific weight training. Although shocked how good my cardio has been

Comment

You won't regret it.
                We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                  I've been playing around on the Rogue website today and am getting dangerously close to purchasing a rack for the garage. Id hate to lose that space but I cannot go 8+ weeks with no specific weight training. Although shocked how good my cardio has been
                  I wish I could, unfortunately there's nowhere I could build a home gym in my 1BR condo

My doors aren't even the right width to put up one of those cheesy pull-up bars.
                  Ben

Comment

Do you have enough space for the rack that folds out from the wall? My buddy has a 1BR and he made it work, albeit very snug

Comment

Originally posted by APinNC View Post
                      Do you have enough space for the rack that folds out from the wall? My buddy has a 1BR and he made it work, albeit very snug
                      That's the one I was specing out for the garage? Mind asking him how he likes it and/or how much weight it can hold? I'd appreciate it.

Comment

He loves it. It's very sturdy. He's had the 40" depth version. I've had 330 or so on the bar and it didn't budge. The limit of the steel about 1000. He bought the stringer mounts and also added an 8x12 behind the stringer for more support. It's definitely a cool rack. Even though I'll have a metal garage soon, with plenty of space, I plan to sell my full rack and get this.

Comment

Originally posted by APinNC View Post
                          He loves it. It's very sturdy. He's had the 40" depth version. I've had 330 or so on the bar and it didn't budge. The limit of the steel about 1000. He bought the stringer mounts and also added an 8x12 behind the stringer for more support. It's definitely a cool rack. Even though I'll have a metal garage soon, with plenty of space, I plan to sell my full rack and get this.
                          Thank you I appreciate it Cheers!

Comment

I bought a few kettlebells (the shipping is almost as expensive as the items, lol) from Rogue. Apparently all the gym nerds had the same idea as me before I did, as all the standard Rogue kettlebells in the common weights are sold out. Had to get some of the more expensive, competition grade kettlebells instead... looks like I will be doing lots of goblet squats and unilateral deadlifts, cleans, and snatches... maybe work on some asymmetrical farmer's carries. Endless KB swings for cardio
                            Ben

Comment

I bought a few kettlebells (the shipping is almost as expensive as the items, lol) from Rogue. Apparently all the gym nerds had the same idea as me before I did, as all the standard Rogue kettlebells in the common weights are sold out. Had to get some of the more expensive, competition grade kettlebells instead... looks like I will be doing lots of goblet squats and unilateral deadlifts, cleans, and snatches... maybe work on some asymmetrical farmer's carries. Endless KB swings for cardio
                              Yeah some of the items I had in my cart to discuss with my wife already sold out. I get she doesn't want to rush with the uncertainty of it all but in my mind that stuff is going to sell out soon. Problem also being is that if you buy most of what you need (rack, bench, weight set &bar) ... then shipping is free. If you piece meal it then shipping will kill you.

Comment

Thanks for the help [MENTION=14885]APinNC[/MENTION] and talking it through [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] ... wife thought it would be a good idea to get a whole setup that way she can workout more in the comfort of the garage versus at the gym.

We went with the folding rack, a 320lbs bumper set to start, bench, and she got her own pink barbell ... cuz of course why not. God I hope it gets here soon but I know I'm prob 2-3 weeks away. Been trying very hard to monitor diet even closer, and cardio every night.

Comment

Working...
                                X