Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
    NICE!

Wanna do Tough Mudder in September? We're coming to Nash for it. Maybe we can get Adam to join us too.

I got in trubble yesterday for my own new (gotta change it up a bit) workout routine taking a lot longer than anticipated (doesn't help every army unit within 15 miles was inside...can't wait till it's nicer out). Splitting it into 2-a-days MWF and T/Th will be my usual 45 minutes on the recumbent, keeps me between 400 and 500 calories schlepped on my rest days.
    Currently looking at doing the 'Barkley Fall Classic,' a 50K on the Barkley Marathons course. Just need to push the enter button....

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
      Currently looking at doing the 'Barkley Fall Classic,' a 50K on the Barkley Marathons course. Just need to push the enter button....
      You sir, are insane.

Comment

FIFTY?

*hides*
        https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

50k? What are you running from?
          We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
            FIFTY?

*hides*
            Originally posted by APinNC View Post
            50k? What are you running from?
            Sometimes the suffering is good but I try to limit in. While I do not think running 50K is healthy and could actually be unhealthy, the challenge is always something to aim for.

Signed up and on a waitlist...from what I can tell, there are refund periods so right around those dates, a lot of people drop and the wailisters have a shot. So I will be training for something I may not get into...may need a backup.

Comment

Guys, the 50K isn't even the crazy part of that race. Watch the documentary "The Barkley Marathons: The Race that Eats its Young" Only 15 people have FINISHED the race.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex.C View Post
                Guys, the 50K isn't even the crazy part of that race. Watch the documentary "The Barkley Marathons: The Race that Eats its Young" Only 15 people have FINISHED the race.
                On a hilly 50K course, I can run 6hrs and finish in the top 10%. Last year at this, the front guys had trouble breaking 10hrs and first male/female get entry into the big guy...

Comment

just found out tough mudder declared bankruptcy and sold to spartan race. spartan has to honor all tickets sold and events scheduled, but no way to buy tickets for existing events currently exists.

so that sucks.
                  https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

I was doing good on the weight loss. Steadily loosing weight, getting down to my fighting weight of 170lbs. Then a business trip came up. Lots of fatty foods and no exercise. I am sure I am back up around the 180lbs mark. Going to take it serious again and start working on some weight loss. Once the summer hits and I am outside exercising more, it isn't as much of an issue. Winter though. Brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                      Yeah, it's a been a brutal holiday for me regarding food and drink. Jan 1. New year, new body.
                      I was doing good on the weight loss. Steadily loosing weight, getting down to my fighting weight of 170lbs. Then a business trip came up. Lots of fatty foods and no exercise. I am sure I am back up around the 180lbs mark. Going to take it serious again and start working on some weight loss. Once the summer hits and I am outside exercising more, it isn't as much of an issue. Winter though. Brutal.
                      Forgive me if I am overstepping my bounds, but you're the threadfather here and did ask in the first post that it be a place to hold each other accountable, so I mean it in the most collaborative, non-judgey way possible when I say:

It's March, bro. It seems like you like riding your bike and such, and in the Canadian winter this ain't happening, but maybe you just have to join a gym and force yourself to go there every day. It'll suck but just go through the motions the way you do with all your other daily inconveniences, such as brushing your teeth commuting to work, and the results will come. Your relationship with food also seems kinda rocky, and in the end this game is more about diet than exercise unfortunately, but I'm not going to pretend like I have an easy solution for that one.

Comment

I haven’t been keeping up with the thread over the past few months much but would point out that you started at 189lbs in Oct ‘18 so to be at 170, or even up to 175-180 is still an improvement. Your original goal was 175. If it was just a week of eating and drinking my guess is you will have a lot of extra water weight so even if you weigh 180 it’s more like 175 in reality after a few days of eating well and drinking a lot of water it should come right back to that.

If it’s a long game you can afford occasional cheat meals each week and still make good progress without feeling overwhelmed by your diet. Just get back on the horse.

Comment

Curious (and if not the right place for this I'll remove) but are those that go to the gym as part of the weight lose changing any of their plans in lieu of the current virus? What are you all seeing? I love going to the gym but do worry with the advice on social distancing and it is a place that is easy for germs.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                            Curious (and if not the right place for this I'll remove) but are those that go to the gym as part of the weight lose changing any of their plans in lieu of the current virus? What are you all seeing? I love going to the gym but do worry with the advice on social distancing and it is a place that is easy for germs.
                            I haven't yet though it is worth contemplating. I have not seen any insight into how long COVID19 lives outside of the body but estimates are currently at least a day. If you are in one of the at-risk groups, I would not even chance it.

Comment

I haven't yet though it is worth contemplating. I have not seen any insight into how long COVID19 lives outside of the body but estimates are currently at least a day. If you are in one of the at-risk groups, I would not even chance it.
                              It can live on surfaces for up to 3 days, air born for several hours.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                                I last went on Friday but will probably hold off for a bit. I’ve run outside the past two days and have a pull up bar that I’ve used. I’ve been in a great gym rhythm lately so that’s frustrating but I’m trying to lose fat so running will be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X