No announcement yet.

Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good job [MENTION=19117]Ron[/MENTION]. I think I found the 10 lbs that you lost Like you, I am starting to push towards the 180lbs mark. I"d like to drop down to 170 again and this time of year is brutal. Holiday parties. Vendors bringing food in. etc. Definitely need the support to make it through the season. So far I'm not doing well.

Comment

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post
      Good job [MENTION=19117]Ron[/MENTION]. I think I found the 10 lbs that you lost Like you, I am starting to push towards the 180lbs mark. I"d like to drop down to 170 again and this time of year is brutal. Holiday parties. Vendors bringing food in. etc. Definitely need the support to make it through the season. So far I'm not doing well.
      I've been stress eating with kids and work but still make it outside for a run. I think you need to get back in the gym....no excuses mister!

Comment

Drinking. Not getting up and going to the gym in the mornings anymore.
        In my experience, these two are directly related. Alcohol kills good sleep, and if you sleep badly, going to the gym in the morning isn't happening. That's one of the reasons I don't drink anymore.

Comment

Good job [MENTION=19117]Ron[/MENTION]. I think I found the 10 lbs that you lost Like you, I am starting to push towards the 180lbs mark. I"d like to drop down to 170 again and this time of year is brutal. Holiday parties. Vendors bringing food in. etc. Definitely need the support to make it through the season. So far I'm not doing well.
          Thanks Dave. It is a tough time of year but we can all get through it.

Fortunately winter clothing hides a multitude of issues.

Comment

• You are 100% absolutely correct.

Comment

• I'll get back at it most likely in the new year. Me and all the other new year reso people will be in the gym in the morning. The crazy thing is I really enjoyed going to the gym. Well maybe not the act of going to the gym, but the results were good and inspiring.

[MENTION=13722]Alex.C[/MENTION] I'm going on the wagon for three months (or more?) starting in January. The alcohol consumption, while not high, has kicked in on weekends and I want to get it back under control.

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] I hear ya on the stress eating! I agree with you. I am putting out a lot of excuses and not doing much about it. No more excuses.

Comment

I'll get back at it most likely in the new year.
                No more excuses.
                https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

• My gym has plenty of visual motivation in it to help.

I may try and actually start before the new year to help lose an extra pound or two since we vacation the week after Christmas and I know it will be an eating/drinking fest.

Comment

• 200.5 lbs today. Slimming down going well. A bout of light stomach flu has helped incidentally drop some weight.

Comment

• Joining in this thread for the first time because holidays. Weighed in at 185 this morning. I don't have any specific weight loss goals, but I'm going to cut out added sugar for a month, get back into my gym routine, and see where that takes me. It shouldn't be too hard now that the holidays are almost over, but I will have to avoid the siren call of friday morning donuts at the office.

Comment

• Yeah, it's a been a brutal holiday for me regarding food and drink. Jan 1. New year, new body.

Comment

• Hasn't been bumped since before the New Year. After a recent blood panel, my LDL is still in questionable territory and while not weight related, it was concerning. I've decided to cut out as much sugar as I can since it is an inflammation marker and has potential to raise LDL.

Other than that my weight has been great and I started a weight routine. After all of this going to the gym talk...I have finally made a commitment.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                            After all of this going to the gym talk...I have finally made a commitment.
                            NICE!

Wanna do Tough Mudder in September? We're coming to Nash for it. Maybe we can get Adam to join us too.

I got in trubble yesterday for my own new (gotta change it up a bit) workout routine taking a lot longer than anticipated (doesn't help every army unit within 15 miles was inside...can't wait till it's nicer out). Splitting it into 2-a-days MWF and T/Th will be my usual 45 minutes on the recumbent, keeps me between 400 and 500 calories schlepped on my rest days.
                            https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

• Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                              NICE!

Wanna do Tough Mudder in September? We're coming to Nash for it. Maybe we can get Adam to join us too.

I got in trubble yesterday for my own new (gotta change it up a bit) workout routine taking a lot longer than anticipated (doesn't help every army unit within 15 miles was inside...can't wait till it's nicer out). Splitting it into 2-a-days MWF and T/Th will be my usual 45 minutes on the recumbent, keeps me between 400 and 500 calories schlepped on my rest days.
                              Debating on what I want to do this year. Need to sign up for something for the extra motivation otherwise my 35 miles a week are for naught.

Comment

• I'm down 11 pounds since January 6th, and my numbers in the gym haven't stalled yet, so definitely putting on muscle (PPL six days per week). I'm doing a Ruck on March 14th with a group from my gym, so I've been walking each night with a 40 pound vest to get acclimated. Never done one, so we'll see how it goes. After the Ruck, I may do the Savage Race in April, but not sure if my body will have burned out by then.
                                We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                                X