No announcement yet.

Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in also, I lost roughly 25lbs between February and July but have put 10 on with vacations and some drinking related events. I'm 6'0 and will probably weight around 210 tomorrow morning when I do a baseline. Would love to hit 190.

Anyone have or need ideas for eating healthy? My girlfriend and I meal prep on Sunday's which helps, lots of chicken breast, veggies steamed or sautéed (broccoli, asparagus, spinach, cauliflower rice in several forms), and egg whites for breakfast in an omelet with some tomatoes. Apple cider vinegar shot in the morning too. Just some ideas to start it for anyone who hasn't tried to drastically change their eating habits before.

Comment

I’m not overweight (5’9” and currently 155 lbs) but I need to cut about 10-15 lbs to show my abs. I was shredded enough to show abs about this time last year, did some intentional bulking in the meantime, and am now trying to slim down again.

I’ve found good success with having a simple protein smoothie for breakfast, a light dinner of chicken or fish and sautéed greens/veggies or a small veggie pizza, and basically whatever I want in between. Usually overnight oats supplemented with snacks of varying degrees of nutritional quality (fruits and nuts? Check. Donuts and cake? Also check).

I work out at least 3-4 times per week (yes - the fitness program that always speaks its name) and am trying to work some two-a-days into my schedule, though that’s a challenge when I’ve also got rehearsal and other obligations outside of work.
      Last edited by LesserBlackDog; October 22, 2018, 12:23 AM.
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Kurps View Post
        I'm in also, I lost roughly 25lbs between February and July but have put 10 on with vacations and some drinking related events. I'm 6'0 and will probably weight around 210 tomorrow morning when I do a baseline. Would love to hit 190.

Anyone have or need ideas for eating healthy? My girlfriend and I meal prep on Sunday's which helps, lots of chicken breast, veggies steamed or sautéed (broccoli, asparagus, spinach, cauliflower rice in several forms), and egg whites for breakfast in an omelet with some tomatoes. Apple cider vinegar shot in the morning too. Just some ideas to start it for anyone who hasn't tried to drastically change their eating habits before.
        The devil is in the details. From what is presented, you should be good in terms of diet for breakfast and lunch but dinner and snacking are likely getting you. A lot of people say "I had a salad for dinner" and while it may sound healthy, dressing carries a lot of calories...it addition, most sauces carry a lot of calories.

I am 33, 6'1", 185lbs and maintain myself on the following: 2 bowls of cereal, 1-2 apples, 1.5oz macadamia nuts (I could eat all of my calories in these), 1 clif bar, and whatever is for dinner. I usually run 30-35 miles per week as well. I could cut more but I love to snack and my goal is more heart health than anything. Heart Disease takes a while to develop and people suck at long term thinking but it is worth it.

Comment

In on this starting today. Currently 6’1” and 245lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Baseline Monday - 201.5 lbs.

Was expecting much worse, as I didn't exactly manage my food intake over the weekend. Shooting for 185 lbs or so, haven't been below 200 in 2 years.

Comment

Okay, I'm at 197.5 today (Monday)--which is freaking odd, because yesterday morning I was at 192.6, and I monitored my calories and ate only about 2,200 yesterday, which is a maintenance amount for me (also ran 4 miles on Saturday and walked 2.5 yesterday).

My goal is 185 and I've been working on it for about four years now, when I had a heart attack and was at about 217.

The ugly part of this is that we're going to New Orleans in two weeks. I gained 7 pounds in 4 days last time I was there. I don't know how I'm going to avoid that.
              WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

So after a long and crazy weekend of mexican food on vacation i'm getting started. 225 this morning and starting cross fit up again this afternoon. Shooting for 2200 calorie max per day.

Okay, I'm at 197.5 today (Monday)--which is freaking odd, because yesterday morning I was at 192.6, and I monitored my calories and ate only about 2,200 yesterday, which is a maintenance amount for me (also ran 4 miles on Saturday and walked 2.5 yesterday).
                It's likely just water weight or scale placement - My wife's practice focuses primarily on working with anorexics and they tend to pump water before their check ins and can load about 5-7 lbs. Gets to the point she has to assign nurses to watch the kids eat and go to the bathroom and ration their water.
                Last edited by Bobbumman; October 22, 2018, 02:57 PM.

Comment

If I could suggest one thing to all of you looking to lose weight, try intermitent fasting. It changed my life. Formerly 225 5'7", currently 169. Figured out IF around 185 and it shrunk me to 175 pretty quick.

Comment

Travel day today. I hate it when works gets in the way of life. Will post tomorrow. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrbrownie00 View Post
                      If I could suggest one thing to all of you looking to lose weight, try intermitent fasting. It changed my life. Formerly 225 5'7", currently 169. Figured out IF around 185 and it shrunk me to 175 pretty quick.
                      I tried IF in the springtime after hearing so many good things and it actually fit my schedule fairly easily. I don't know that I noticed any of the weight loss or increased energy benefits others talk about. I'd love to hear any suggestions and would be open to trying it again.

Comment

Weighed myself this morning. 154.4. Shooting for 140-145. (Yeah, I know that sounds tiny, but I am pretty light-boned.)
                        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Kurps View Post
                          I tried IF in the springtime after hearing so many good things and it actually fit my schedule fairly easily. I don't know that I noticed any of the weight loss or increased energy benefits others talk about. I'd love to hear any suggestions and would be open to trying it again.
                          I don't know that I ever got the mental clarity or energy benefits either but one thing I do like is you typically have to worry less about food because you have less time in the day to eat it. Right now I'm doing 18/6, not counting calories or macros (being mindful but not actually tracking) with no exercise and maintaining my weight.

I have no evidence that it works other than the results I experienced when I first tried it. I was being very health concious and working my a** off at the gym at the time but I had been doing that already and hit a plateau. Once I started IF the weight started coming off again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrbrownie00 View Post
                            I don't know that I ever got the mental clarity or energy benefits either but one thing I do like is you typically have to worry less about food because you have less time in the day to eat it. Right now I'm doing 18/6, not counting calories or macros (being mindful but not actually tracking) with no exercise and maintaining my weight.

I have no evidence that it works other than the results I experienced when I first tried it. I was being very health concious and working my a** off at the gym at the time but I had been doing that already and hit a plateau. Once I started IF the weight started coming off again.
                            Do be careful of the no exercise thing. There's a thing called "skinny fat" and that's unhealthy, too. Y'all might've seen in the news recently that no exercise may be worse for you than smoking and other vices.

Here's the direct link to the study:
                            https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2707428

Comment

189 lbs this morning. After two weeks of travel EVERYTHING is fitting tight. Not happy about that.

Would like to get down to 175. I need to start putting my meals in to My Fitness Pal and cut down on the beer drinking.

Let's do this!

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                                Do be careful of the no exercise thing. There's a thing called "skinny fat" and that's unhealthy, too. Y'all might've seen in the news recently that no exercise may be worse for you than smoking and other vices.

Here's the direct link to the study:
                                https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2707428
                                The top 3 things you can do to improve health outcomes in general:
                                1. Don't smoke.
                                2. Exercise involving weights and cardio.
                                3. Eat right.

Cover these 3 things and you protect yourself from the top 3 causes of deaths these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X