No announcement yet.

Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checked weight before my run last night and it was 185.5 which was after dinner so I am likely less than that in the morning.

I have taken a stronger stance, as it seems others have as well, to only have 1 drink an evening when I do partake. Sleep has improved dramatically, which is should based on alcohols affect on REM sleep, and I generally feel better.

Looking at possibly running the same 50K that got me into trail running 4-5 years ago. Wonderful course but finding time to up the mileage is something I need to think about.

Comment

177.0 this morning. Weight seems to be holding steady, which I'm happy about.

[MENTION=13722]Alex.C[/MENTION] Yeah booze is bad. I listened to a really interesting podcast about alcohol and I was amazed at all of the bad effects. Cancer causing, etc. I am glad that I've cut my drinking way back. That's not say I don't still drink a beer on weekends. But the volume and frequency I drink I am really in tune to now. I think I'm better for it.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
        177.0 this morning. Weight seems to be holding steady, which I'm happy about.

[MENTION=13722]Alex.C[/MENTION] Yeah booze is bad. I listened to a really interesting podcast about alcohol and I was amazed at all of the bad effects. Cancer causing, etc. I am glad that I've cut my drinking way back. That's not say I don't still drink a beer on weekends. But the volume and frequency I drink I am really in tune to now. I think I'm better for it.
        That's great! Just being mindful of what/why/when you drink is half the battle to responsible/healthy use. As Annie Grace of This Naked Mind/Alcohol Experiment fame says: "Any reduction in your alcohol use is beneficial." We live in a world that's chock full of carcinogens, and other nastiness. Reducing exposure is just smart if you hope to enjoy good health and long life.

Comment

On the pants cinching convo, I lost about 20-25lbs last year and have kept it off for the most part (little bit of yo-yo but not major) and went through the pants not fitting issue. My suggestion is to cinch for as long as you can if you are still trying to lose weight, because what you don't want is to buy new pants now then lost another 8lbs and realize you are still a size or two too large. Once you are close to goal weight you can start to seek out deals and new sizing attempts.

Comment

Less scale and more how I look at myself in the mirror. I have noticed my body looking more toned in the past month. I honestly can't think of why because I feel like it was a rough month eating-wise but I looked at myself this morning with a surprised "huh".

Comment

Yesterday I went on a massive bike ride. 120k. In the heat. I sucked back the liquids like they were going outta style. When I arrived home I stood on the scale and I was a whopping 170.4lbs!

Not very realistic, but sure felt good to see that number. This morning I hopped on the scale and came in at 176.4lbs. That seems a bit more realistic. Oh well, it was nice to see 170 on the scale if only for a little while.

Comment

Holding steady at 176.6 lbs. Now I just need a push to get those next 5 lbs off.

Comment

Around 184 this morning. Still feeling pretty good.

Comment

175.6lbs this morning. Still going strong. Those last five lbs though are killing me!

Comment

176.4. Still holding under the 180lbs mark. I'm happy with that.

Comment

Managed to miracle another Tough Mudder completion out of my hiney; full thread is up with photos from the trip.

https://threads.dappered.com/showthr...p-photo-thread

Also a standing invite if anyone would care to join us next year (November, most likely--in 2020) in Atlanta for the classic event there (8-10 miles, 25 obstacles). Challenge gauntlet dropped--you have over a year to train. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU CAN DO THIS. And I'm putting it out there right now that I'll make it my mission to get you through the course no matter what. TIME IS OF NO CONSEQUENCE. We focus on finishing, and finishing TOGETHER. If it takes all day it takes all day--we got nowhere else to be.

Who's in?
                        https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Weighed myself yesterday morning before work. 174.6lbs. Weight seems to be trending in the right direction, but I know once I cut back on the amount of cycling I'm doing my weight will start to inch up again. But for now, 174.6 is good.

Comment

started the calorie cutback to hopefully get an ab to show before the end of summer (seriously....just one is fine).

it's....frustrating. but eventually will be worth it. especially with two massive music festivals next year.
                            https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

I've been incorporating some 24hr fasts into my life the past month. I would like to say, Friday's (Thursday dinner - Friday dinner) is a fasting period but life has other options for me. I shouldn't even call this a fast, more like caloric restriction but it has helped my impulsive eating when somewhere stressed at work.

I haven't weighed myself in a while but feel pretty good. My running endurance has improved. Speaking of which...I need to join the waitlist for a race.

Comment

I am weighing myself more and more. Today's apres breakie weight: 173.8 lbs. I'm good with that. I seem to have hit a good point between the cardio work I'm doing, the food I'm consuming, and daily activity. The really challenge will be maintaining this once winter hits.

Comment

Working...
                                X