No announcement yet.

Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to get serious about this shiz if I'm going to have abs in time for summer so I'm back on the meal prep bandwagon and bought myself a physical calendar that I'm going to mark with either a smiley or a sad face depending on whether I've followed my meal plan for the day. Lots of chicken and vegetables and oatmeal in my future.

Aiming to lose at least 10 lbs, ideally 15, by July 4 which is 10 weeks away.
    Ben

Comment

I actually did much better then I thought. 169.4. So 1.2 lbs. down from last week and 0.2 lbs from two weeks ago.

Since I was expecting a weight gain, I will take it! I guess all that work cleaning the pool balanced things out.

This week I'm traveling so it will be tough but planning to hit the hotel gym.

Comment

That is going to be tough but it is doable. 1.5 lbs a week. The tough part will be losing the weight without too much muscle mass.

Just a suggestion, keep the protein intake up. Good luck.

Comment

I'm not too worried, I'm going to continue eating 150g+ of protein per day and continue to lift heavy so I should be able to maintain my current level of lean mass.
          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
            This week I'm traveling so it will be tough but planning to hit the hotel gym.
            This ^^. Travelling and staying healthy is a real bitch! About the best I can do is moderate my alcohol intake. I do my best to get in to the gym when I'm on the road, but I find it harder and harder to do.

Comment

Weight gain of roughly 4-5 lbs this month, but a net loss of 1% body fat so i gained muscle and lost fat.

204/205 lbs now and 16.7% bf.

Comment

Originally posted by calexako View Post
                Weight gain of roughly 4-5 lbs this month, but a net loss of 1% body fat so i gained muscle and lost fat.

204/205 lbs now and 16.7% bf.
                Great job.

Comment

Sounds like folks are setting good goals and making solid progress! I am down one more pound this week, to 175.

Weekends continue to be my nemesis. I am really good at tracking food throughout the week, which allows me to hit my calories while still having dessert, alcohol, etc. On the weekend though, when I do takeout or have something with friends, I will eat a big meal or have a few drinks and decide it's too tough to track and kind of give up. This kills much of my deficit for the week.

This weekend I am trying to eat really light and track throughout the day prior to socializing, and pay more attention to when I feel full/gross when I am out.

Comment

A week of a) being on the road and b) eating crap food combined with c) drinking more beer than I have been recently means d) I gained a bit of weight so now I'm e) weighing in at 183 lbs.

Comment

I was away for a week and gained weight and then when I got back I spent that week losing the weight I gained.

So two weeks later I am down to 169.2 for a whopping weight loss over two weeks of 0.2 lbs.

Comment

I'm up. Way up. 184.5 lbs. I had a bad week of ZERO exercise and LOADS of calorie intake. The next two weeks are not looking much better either. I am worried.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                          I'm up. Way up. 184.5 lbs. I had a bad week of ZERO exercise and LOADS of calorie intake. The next two weeks are not looking much better either. I am worried.
                          Don’t sweat it - “relapse” is a normal part of progress. Just try to make the best choices you can every day and don’t let the disappointment of a setback get to you too much.
                          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                            You can control calorie intake so control it as much as possible.

Comment

Thanks guys...He says as he looks at the carnage of an empty bag of chocolate chips beside himself...

(at least it wasn't full when I started)

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                Don’t sweat it - “relapse” is a normal part of progress. Just try to make the best choices you can every day and don’t let the disappointment of a setback get to you too much.
                                Indeed! Progress is rarely linear. Mine certainly hasn't been. Last week I hit 173.5, which put my loss at 20lbs overall. This has been a mixed week food-wise for me so I'm sure I would be up if I could bring myself to hop on the scale. In academia, the end-of-semester crunch always gets me, though I haven't gone quite as much off the rails as I often do. And PR'ed squat this week, so there's that too!

The downside of hitting this milestone is that seeing where I'm at now leaves me pretty convinced I would like to end up in the low 160s. That seems reasonable at 5'9".

Comment

Working...
                                X