X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DocDave
    replied
    I'm holding 185.
    Clothes are fitting a bit looser around the waist and I'm feeling pretty good about things.
    Would be nice to drop another 5lbs, so I'll see how that goes.

Leave a comment:

• Kurps
    replied
    I'm at 213 which I think is where I started I've been going pretty hard and consistent at the gym so I've added some noticeable muscle that I'm happy with. My girlfriend and I are planning to do Whole30 for March, anyone have any experience? I have much worse cravings and reliance on sugar and French fries than she does so I'm going to try to dedicate to it and see if I can't change that.

Leave a comment:

• calexako
    replied
    Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    Good work!

I reversed a bit. shot back up to 188 but I weighed myself at the end of the day instead of the morning. Last week was rough due to work and it rained a bit and didn't feel like running in a monsoon. I get my blood panel Thursday and I am excited to see if my changed diet of roughly 3-4 months has helped.
    In my opinion weighing in different times will give you varying results up to 3-4 lbs so dont get discouraged by that.

Leave a comment:

• JBarwick
    replied
    Originally posted by calexako View Post
    Well, I guess I will continue posting my updates:
    197.8 this weekend and i found out I dropped 2% BF to get to roughly 18%. Onwards to washboard abs, ladies and gentlemen!
    Good work!

I reversed a bit. shot back up to 188 but I weighed myself at the end of the day instead of the morning. Last week was rough due to work and it rained a bit and didn't feel like running in a monsoon. I get my blood panel Thursday and I am excited to see if my changed diet of roughly 3-4 months has helped.

Leave a comment:

• calexako
    replied
    Well, I guess I will continue posting my updates:
    197.8 this weekend and i found out I dropped 2% BF to get to roughly 18%. Onwards to washboard abs, ladies and gentlemen!

Leave a comment:

• calexako
    replied
    199.5 again. Hopefully my fat measurements will show improvement too. Fingers crossed.

Cleaned up my diet a lot. A lot of meat and brown rice and greens. Yogurt and plant based protein.

The quest for 190g of protein per day continues. Its more difficult than expected!

Leave a comment:

• Bobbumman
    replied
    Been a while since I checked in here. I think i was around 222-225. I've since lapsed and returned, up to 226 after my move and now back down into 220.

I've started tracking my calories again, rejoined a gym and i'm making a point to go walking at least 3 times a week (usually do more but realistic goals mean i don't get frustrated when i don't achieve).

Leave a comment:

• Weathered
    replied
    After weeks of stalling out at 205, I'm now down to 204. But on the bright side, my mile time is nearly 30 seconds faster and I feel like I'm looking better, so all-in-all not bad.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    I did a weigh in this morning and came in at 185lbs. Not bad considering for the past three days I've had bacon sandwiches for lunch...

Leave a comment:

• Arête
    replied
    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Tbh I usually have my protein powder (Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard) in plain water and it tastes fine. I get the chocolate flavor and usually add a pinch of salt and cinnamon to make it taste a bit less bland.
    Yeah, I drink the same stuff, and I think the chocolate is delicious just with water. I'll have to try adding a little salt and cinnamon!

Leave a comment:

• Creature
    replied
    I see a shake as fuel and a means to hit macros, not as food to enjoy. There are enough other meals during the day to cook and enjoy. So I don’t really take my time with the shake, I put it down pretty quick, so the taste has never been an issue.

As mentioned above, I also sometimes use almond milk (unsweetened) and if not, just plain water. I also add some salt when I take mine, i also add a little salt to my first liter of water for the day.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    Tbh I usually have my protein powder (Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard) in plain water and it tastes fine. I get the chocolate flavor and usually add a pinch of salt and cinnamon to make it taste a bit less bland.

Leave a comment:

• Fantasma
    replied
    I know. But unfortunately I am lactose intolerant, especially towards milk, and protein with almond or water is just bleh!
    [MENTION=15722]calexako[/MENTION] try unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk. I've found that to be the closest to milk without too much of an almond taste. And in a shake (with vanilla protein powder and fruit) you can't even tell.

Leave a comment:

• calexako
    replied
    I know. But unfortunately I am lactose intolerant, especially towards milk, and protein with almond or water is just bleh!

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    I am holding around 201-202 for now. I recently upped my protein intake to roughly 180-190 grams in order to build some muscle and i can tell you that i feel that it is working. We will see. I need to tip the scales towards less fat so i want to see if my 2200kcal/ 190gram protein diet will make it happen.

A lot of protein bar consumption for sure.
    Drinking a good protein powder in water or skim milk is probably a more efficient way to increase your protein intake... most protein bars have a lot of extra "stuff" in them that's just going to eat away at the number of calories you can allocate to real food.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X